Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Tennessee Classic at Twin Oaks >

Tennessee Classic at Twin Oaks

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Tennessee Classic at Twin Oaks

Old 04-25-2006, 10:34 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Tennessee Classic at Twin Oaks

She's gettin' close, and I'm worse than a 6 year old waitin on Christmas morning! Anyone here plan to go?

It's going to be May 5,6, and 7th in Clarkesville, TN. I know it's the same weekend as the Lofton, and even though the Lofton is a whole lot closer for me, I'll be headed to TN. I've been to both several times, and although the Lofton is a fun shoot, I'd still be headed to Clarkesville if the Lofton was being held across the road from me--it's just that good.

If you have any interest at all in making a self bow, (and I don't), it's even better--all the tools and help you could ask for will be there--I've seen little kids scratch out a bow in a weekend. Some adults will make several in a weekend. Excellent course (even a 3-D practice course), excellent novelties, several vendors (including Joe and Becky Stark of Lone Wolf Traditional Archery)great prizes, great trophies (got to be on your toes to win one though--there are some shooters at this one), runs smooth as butter (more that a half-dozen people running this one), and some of the best people you'll ever have the priveledge of meeting.

If you can make it, bring your kids--there's lots for them to do, including a kid's Iron Man course and kid's novelties. Lot's of young 'uns running around there, and they never seem to get bored. Primitive camping only, or you can get a room in town. Clarkesville is just outside Nashville, so you will be able to get a room, plus you can swing by the Bass Pro Shop if you are so inclined. Free supper on Saturday night--if you leave the table hungry, it's your own fault. Gobs of home cookin, including lots of wild game.

Hope to see ya'll there!

Chad
Old 04-25-2006, 10:47 AM

Default RE: Tennessee Classic at Twin Oaks

Sounds like fun, wish I could go. The only shoot I go to is the Superior Land shoot about a block from my house.

Have fun and hope all your shoots go were they are told.