Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Lets talk quivers

Old 02-12-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Lets talk quivers

Iam shooting 11/32 cedars. The on the bow type quiver I have does not easily allow me to insert or even be able to remove the arrow if I was able to get it in the cradle. It will fit carbons no prob. I can remove theon bow quiver, and go to something in a hip or tube type back quiver. But any suggestions for what I can do for theon board quiver for now, and please keep it clean. lol

Mike
Old 02-12-2006, 09:50 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lets talk quivers

No idea here--I'm still searching for the perfect quiver. A friend of mine loves his Simmon's rotary quiver, but they don't come long enough for my arrows. Thought about having one custom made, but never got around to it.

Chad
Old 02-13-2006, 07:31 AM

Not very traditional, but I use a Bohning 4 arrow quiver that was on my compound... I just keep it in my backpack to and from the stand.... Once on the the stand I hang it on a limb, hook, etc.... I HATE and I do mean HATE quiver that are mounted to the bow..... So, I had the Bohning laying around and said what the heck......

Now if I could only figure out how to get snake skin backing on the thing, then I would be traditional
Old 02-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a cat quiver that I use for hunting. It's nice, however, if you plan on carrying different length arrows, it's not very practical. I like to carry a few blunts with me just to shoot during the day for practice. I have a back quiver ordered, but don't know how much it will get used for hunting.

Just a thought, but I have in the past drill mounted quivers to accept the arrow diameter that I need. - Just a thought.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Check with the outfit that made your bow quiver. Most of them have two different grippers, one for skinny carbons and the other for fat shafts. If they offer both types, you can just get the gripper you need and replace it. If not, then you can do what Bob suggests and modify the gripper you've got to take bigger arrows.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the info, I will contact the mfg for a different size cradle and if that is not available, I will try the drill out method. Or finally remove and go with a hip or over the back quiver.

Mike
Old 02-13-2006, 04:28 PM

P.S. This is why I have joined this forum, Thanks again for the help. I am sure I will be back soon with more questions and maybe someday maybe a few answers.

Mike
Old 02-19-2006, 05:01 PM

Hey, FYI, I took off the "on the bow" quiver and went with a basic hip cradle quiver.....boy what a difference. I'm still a little loose with the cedars, but they are tightning up as I practice. 10 rnds of six per day, 3 rnds at 10yds, 3 at 20yds and 3 at 30yds then back at 20yds for 1 more rond,then my arms say, Red Hook time....that a beer in the NW.Any way, thank for the help.