Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

bear bows

Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 PM

Default bear bows

I have an older Bear bow not sure what model.Anyway it has a wooden riser and a recently saw at my local archery shop a bear recurve that an individual had brought in. exact same riser as mine. question can i put these recurve limbs on my compund and where could i find them..........if anyone has any info on possible models for me to look for that will interchange with this .........thanks
Old 01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bear bows

I assume you're talking about a take down model? If so, is it one that has folding clamps holding the limbs oninstead of bolt's?

If it has the folding clamps, it's a Kodiak Takedown. That is a bow that routinely sells for a thousand bucks on Ebay. Don't even think about putting those limbs on a compound!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:38 PM

I don't think you read the post right...I have a compound bear with wooden riser wanting to put recurve limbs on .....and yes it would be considered a takedown
Old 01-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh....When you said "bow" I thought you meant a recurve. [&:]Everyone knows a compound isn't a bow. [8D]

You might could modify the riser or limbs from a newer Bear Hunter TD and make it work. I really don't know because it's been years since the last time I saw a Bear compound with a wood riser and really don't remember the riser configuration.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:58 PM

you really arn't much help for being aswise as to what a "bow" actually is....but thanks anyway.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Oh....When you said "bow" I thought you meant a recurve. [&:]Everyone knows a compound isn't a bow. [8D]

You might could modify the riser or limbs from a newer Bear Hunter TD and make it work. I really don't know because it's been years since the last time I saw a Bear compound with a wood riser and really don't remember the riser configuration.
He he he he, You killed me with that one Arthur LOL
Old 01-12-2006, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: platterdr

you really arn't much help for being aswise as to what a "bow" actually is....but thanks anyway.
Someone needs to work on their sense of humor......... just kidding, man.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:38 PM

yeah your right i guess i need to smart ass comments a little easier. All I asked was question guess i just posted it in the wrong forum.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Seriously though, we'd have to see the riser to actually know. It's kind of hard to always get the advice you need over the internet. If I were you, I'd probably go to my local shop and talk to some guys there and see if they would be able to help me out.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:51 PM

well now that i have some real help.....the story from the local archery shop was this was one of the firstcompound "bow i guess" that Bear made.And that they also made a recurve "bow" with the same riser at that same time. I just thought someone might have an idea as to what bow I was talking about and might even no where I could get a set of these limbs I have checked Ebay but no luck yet........Thanks The only thing on the bow is the Bear name