Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bear Bows.

Old 02-11-2002, 03:17 PM

Default Bear Bows.

I have more or less settled on buying a bear bow from the grayling years. I like the idea of owning a piece of archery history. I know you all have been following my progress on becoming addicted to traditional archery so you know I have been shooting an old curve at 25#. Its great for learning but at some point I need to move up in #.
Are there any better bear bows to consider from that time frame or any to avoid? I’m thinking of finding one in the 52" to 62" range 45# to 55#. This would be a hunting bow.
If I want to go bowfishing in the spring and not get tipped out of the canoe I need to lose these wheels.
Old 02-11-2002, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Bear Bows.

The only advice I could give would be to stay away from the short ones, I think they're the Kodiak Magnums, 52". They're real twitchy and unforgiving unless your form is perfect. Go with the longer Super Kodiaks and Grizzlies in a 58-62" length.

Jack
Old 02-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

One Eye if you want to try a Howard Hill Longbow out why don't you join us at Floxter's club for their shoot at Detroit Archers. This April I'll be working at Royal Oak Archers where we have a Traditional weekend mid April and Huron Point Sportsman Club (I'm Assoc. member) has a Chilli shoot this Sunday and you can shoot your wheels there if you like. By the way everyone is going to tell you their bows are the best but don't believe a word of it until you shoot it. I shot a guy's longbow from a very popular bowyer that he bought from and it had alot of handshock. He was surprised how smooth my HH Big Five was to it after shooting mine.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

I forgot your invited also Tox. I'm running out the door for my Monday night trad league right now.