Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

APA bows

Old 05-10-2005, 07:43 AM

Default APA bows

Has anybody tried shooting these bows they look pretty impressive![8D]

I gotta say that the cam on the Black Mamba looks very similar to Bowtech's
Black Knight or dual cam bows

Just wanted to know how they felt and shot in your opinion, and oh! the price?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: APA bows

I know a guy locally here that is a staff shooter for them, and I believe he just got his in. He told me that Bowtech is sharing resources somehow on the design of the cams. They look interesting for sure, and I am curious to see more reports on them.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:40 PM

I have done a lot of shooting of both of the APA bows. The cams on the Black Mamba are the same cams as the bowtech black knight. The black Mamba has a 6.5 inch brace height, 35"ata, and an IBO speed of 340fps. It also has very little hand shock, especially for a bow with that kind of speed. The APA Taipan has a 7 5/8 " brace height 35"ata, and an IBO of 316 fps. It has virtually no hand shock and a very smooth draw. The cam on the Taipan is APA's own design. It also has 5 inches of draw length adjustment.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:02 PM

I have an APA Taipan on order and can't wait to shoot it! Nibal has been very good to me, answered all my questions, and is doing everything he can to get that bow in my hands. His arrow rests are outstanding, and I am really looking forward to shooting his bow! Give him a call if you are at all interested, this guy is very excited about his product and stands behind what he has designed, and the best part for me is it is Canadian made!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crashman,
If you don't mind me asking? Where did you buy the APA bow and how much was it? I have spoken th Nibal on the phone and he seems like a great guy. He tells me that the cams are actually made by Bowtech and the limbs by I beleive Gordon who apparently make a lot of limbs for various bow companies. Let us know how you make out with the APA bow. I live in Ontario and have never seen a dealer.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:23 PM

Go to www.apaarchery.com and look under "Contact us", I THINK the phone # is 1-866-353-REST. I am buying mine directly from Nibal, apparently, he started as a pro shop, but had some ideas, started to manufacture arrow rests a few years back, and now bows. When I said I was nervous about buying a bow before I could shoot it, he said I could have it for a week to try with a full money back garuntee if I didn't like it. I will let you talk to him about a price, as my price was based on a trade in.

I have been shooting his Ultimate twister arrow rest for about 8 months now with very good luck. In fact, my buddy bought my twister when he found out I was getting a new one with the new bow. So, while I was waiting for the new bow, I put my Bodoodle Pro Lite back on the Hoyt, and I lost 8 fps!! Everything else was the same on the setup, the only change was the arrow rest.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting his Ultimate twister arrow rest for about 8 months now with very good luck
I actually have a Twister Safari coming to me in the mail that I bought out of the classifieds here. It looks like a great rest to me. I used to use a Wisker bisquit on my Reflex Grizzly but have a Bwtech Patriot Dually coming in this week to replace that combo. Good luck on the APA and make sure you give us an update on the performance.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got to say these bow's don't look too bad .

nubo
Old 05-11-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of innovation on the bow...It is the "swiss army knife" of the bow world!