Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fred bear sq32

Old 03-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Default fred bear sq32

check out this bow [link]http://www.fulldraw.net[/link] looks very nice
Old 03-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: fred bear sq32

This may make it a bit easier...and spur more interest.

SQ32
Pefectly Matched Synchronized, Engineered Performance
• Balanced,synchronized Quad Cam-And-A-Half System delivers super-smooth drawing cycle, perfectly level nock travel, and 310fps without creating vibration
• Synchronized Cam System results in easy tuning and low maintenance
• New, long machined aluminum riser is lightweight, durable, and designed to accompany short quad limbs
• Patented short, straight compression molded quad limbs are drawn to parrallel and result in a smooth, quiet release–the force that is exerted on the bow during release is travelling in vertical and opposing directions and smoothly cancels one another, rather than applying a forward thrust during release
• Sims vibration dampeners and factory-installed string leeches further reduce vibration
• Machined-aluminum limb pockets ensure flawless stabiliazation and alignment
• Solid draw stop quickly builds to peak then gradually descends into holding weight

Click bow to enlarge

« Back to Compound Bows AMO Draw Length: 27"-29" 29"-31" Both modules included

Draw Weight: 50-60#, 60-70#

Cam: Matched Hybrid

Let-off: 75% let-off

Bow Speed: IBO fps: 310, AMO fps: 232
Factory-installed Speed Buttons

String: 54.75" BCY8125

Axle to Axle: 32.5”

Limbs: Short Straight Quad

Riser: Machined 6061 T-6 aluminum

Cable Guard: Upper high-mount 3/8" carbon rod

Brace Height: 7.25”

Mass Weight: 4.1 lbs.

Grip: 2 piece right hand checkered laminate wood

Camo: Realtree® Hardwoods The Market Green High Definition™

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The darn thing looks like a 3 or 4 manufacturer hybrid. The cams look Darton-ish with what looks like Mathews' perimeter weights in the cams. The riser looks very similar to one of the ones commonly used in the G2 lineup (though the sharp bend at the top of the sight window, rest shelf and grip look Bowtech-ish) while the straight split limbs almost make me think Hoyt as does the Sims accessory package. The split limbs are definitely not prebent like that found on the G2 series. The longer riser/parallel limbs have me left thining Bowtech/Mathews.

I didn't hear anything mentioned about locking limb pockets though nor does it have a steel stabilizer insert....and no mention of ball bearings in the cams. If they are going to step it up then they need to go all the way and pay attention to the details.

On the other hand I hope the local shop gets a few in as they definitely look interesting.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:46 PM

Default RE: fred bear sq32

Have you guys seen one yet? I just saw an add for one and it does look interesting.

BTW, people always mistake my name for the Contender G2 but it is for the Buckkmasters G2. Very nice bow that I have a hard time replacing.