Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question for Spot Hogg Hogg-it users >

Question for Spot Hogg Hogg-it users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for Spot Hogg Hogg-it users

Old 04-03-2005, 09:48 PM

Default RE: Question for Spot Hogg Hogg-it users

I have never had a problem seeing the .019 pins even in the low light conditions of hunting. For me, the green and yellow pins show up the best. I use 4 green pins for 20, 30, 50 and 60 and the yellow for 40. On my 280 fps "slow bow" I use the 2" pin guard and have plenty of room. I set the top of the level @ 80 yards and there is still room above the 20 yard pin. I have elk hunted for about 6 years and never damaged a single pin or had any other problems with the Spot-Hogg "hogg it " sights.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:11 PM

PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS SIGHT!!!, i think you will be dissapointed in it you can not keep the 2nd or 3rd axis tight, i currently own this sight and am very dissapointed, i have a copper john dead nuts pro on order
Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 AM
CWB

Your the first person I ever heard that had that problem with the Spot Hogg sight. Is anyone else having trouble keeping their 2 and 3 axis set tight? Kinda of curious I just ordered one a few days ago. Have you contacted Spot Hogg about the problem?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd definitely contact Spot Hogg about that! They are without a doubt the best sight on the market. If you can't keep them tight, there is something wrong with it. I've only been shooting mine for about a month now and can't see how anything can come loose once locked down.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, yeah definitely tell Spot-Hogg about it, their customer service is terrific from what I hear........I have had absolutely ZERO problems with mine after 3+ seasons shooting it.
I mean I seriously must have 10,000 plus shots on mine on 4 different bows, and 2 hunting seasons as well as 3D competitions in all weather conditions.

Still like a rock.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:30 PM

If you don't like the Hogg-It you are not going to like the CJ one bit. The CJ feels like junk next to a Hogg-it
Old 04-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Worth every stinkin' penny plain and simple. (Check twomorrowssupply.com I think they are alittle cheaper)
Been shooting Spot-Hogg for 3 seasons now.

If it's also going to be a 3D sight definitely go with the .019 pins.......no they aren't very bright. When you order, get one extra pin set-up in the .029 (Yellow is the brightest) and when hunting season rolls around swap out the top pin only for the extra .029.
Also make sure your next pin down is a red .019. what this does is gives you one bright pin for first light / last light, since you won't be using the longer yardage pins anyway. It gives the illusion at last light that you are shooting a single pin sight. Very easy to find and keep track of in low light, and you don't have any other pin halo to look through when aquiring your target.

(Also grab the Spot-Hogg sight light for indoor 3D and video shoots....a MUST HAVE)
I just wanted to put up a favorable review of Bill at twomorrowssupply.com. He helped me out in a pinch with the Spot Hogg I ordered so I could make a 3D shoot later this week, and certainly went the extra mile for me. I would definately buy your spot hogg gear from this guy, he will take care of you.