Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any Spot-Hogg users? >

Any Spot-Hogg users?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Spot-Hogg users?

Old 01-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Any Spot-Hogg users?

OK, I've been tinkering as much as I could in my back yard this afternoon with my new Allegiance trying to get it dialed in...

I put a new Spot-Hogg Hunter Hogg It on, and I've almost run out of adjustability trying to get it set. It's got a row of pre-drilled holes so you can make coarse adjustments horizontally, and I've got the sight housing attached using the upper-most holes I can, and I still almost run out of room trying to dial it in the rest of the way using the regular gang adjustment... Perhaps Spot-Hogg wasn't counting on such a flat-shooting bow as the Allegiance to ever come out in this product's lifetime?

I'm having the same problem with the vertical adjustments; I've used the spacer bar to get the sight housing as far left as I can, and I've turned the allen wrench adjustment about as far as I can to get the housing to go left...

I'm not thatfaraway fromgetting it sighted in, but I hate not being close to the center of my adjustability range...

Any thoughts from someone who's more familiar with this sight?
Old 01-28-2006, 04:58 PM

Default RE: Any Spot-Hogg users?

well im glad to here that I'm not the only one with this problem. I have one installed on my 02 Patriot and i have the vertical adjustment adjusted all the way and same with the horizontal. Its still not right on yet, but it is getting worked on right now, so i will look forward to others ideas

[/align]
Old 01-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I've got one and love it. I see no way you can run out of verticle adjustment unless you anchor really really weird.I guess old Horse Face Kerrywould have a problem. AS far as left right.... unless your bow is designed really odd I see no problem again if you're tuned. Mine is sitting just about dead center on both verticle and horizontal adjustments.Pin gangcentered in window.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought about that David, but I think I anchor pretty much regular-like... nuckle under/against the side of my jaw with the string coming back past the corner of my mouth... I know it's the same as I always have for years and years, and I've never had this problem before.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

See what happens to a guy when he doesn't need to try and set up a new bow for the last 7-8 years?

Don't panic, your tune and fit are little off vs what you are used to........it will come around.
Check your centershot, peep height, anchor and everything related to fit.
If you had the pro-shop install your peep you might be forcing your head, anchor and eye to fit an incorrect low placement without really realizing it.

As far as the left adjustment on the Hogg-it? With the center location of the string track on the 06' Bowtech's sight windage should NOT be even close to an issue with a proper rest tune.(ESPECIALLY if you offset the mounting bracket)

Old 01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, I slid my peep up and got my up/down to come pretty close to center ... I'm one "tick" mark above, which means the sights are actually one mark below. Good enough.

I'm still about as far out to the left as I can go, even though I'm hitting the bullseye dead center at seven yards (as far as I could get in the basement on this house; can't wait to move next month -- I'll be able to shoot 20 yards in the basement). I'll do some paper tuning in the next day or two, even thoughthe center shotlooks dead on eyeballing it.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

There's more than one place to have a rest and still hit the bullseye. As suggested, center shot the thing and start all over with the tuning.Kind of like those cunundrums..... if you go far enough out in one direction you'll find yourself coming back or some such foolishness. Or maybe it's that walking half wayinto the woods and then out or walking all the way through. [8D][8D][8D]
Old 01-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Spot Hogg last year. I had a few issues with it..similar to the same posted above. I sold mine on ebay (actually made $ off of it), and put on a trusy Copper John.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg.

I dont know if you have done this or not.

Pull it apart and place the little block between the pin housing and the extension bar.

If you like I will snap a pic and post it so you will have a better understanding of what I am talking about.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aussie, that would move my pin housing to the right more... and I need it to go left. At least if I'm understanding you correctly...

Quick Reply: Any Spot-Hogg users?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.