Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SPOT HOGG USERS

Old 03-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Default SPOT HOGG USERS

Anyone have problems adjusting these sites?
I was going to pick one up today, the new hunter hogg-it with the wrap and the guy working at the shop
totally put the site down because of adjustment problems. He says it's the hardest sight to adjust from pins to 3rd axis.....
Just curious that's all....that site seems to be the cat's ass. Any feed back on adjustability would be great.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SPOT HOGG USERS

I have a Spot-Hogg Hogg It and adjustability is one of the reasons I love this site! Did this particular shop carry Spot-Hogg? Sounds like he may not have had one in stock and wanted to sell you something off the shelf or he has no experience with them.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 AM

It was at Bass Pro Shops! By the time the guy was done telling me how difficult it is to tune those sites they lost a 260 dollar sale.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was at Bass Pro Shops!
Thats speaks volumes, I have yet to see an arhery pro working in Bass Pro.

Maybe they should stick to what they know best, selling fishing gear
Old 03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Simple to adjust IMO. The adjustability is a big reason I own the sight as well. I had one of their older models and wasn't happy with some features. I tried a bunch of different sights and always went back to the Hogg because of the adjustability. Still shooting one.

I really don't think this guy knew what he was talking about. Some of the guys working the floor at the Big Box Stores know their stuff but they would be the exception not the rule. Take what they tell you with a grain of salt. Go in and ask them some archery related questions you know the answers too, you'll find out pretty quickly what they do and don't know.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mez

Simple to adjust IMO. The adjustability is a big reason I own the sight as well. I had one of their older models and wasn't happy with some features. I tried a bunch of different sights and always went back to the Hogg because of the adjustability. Still shooting one.

I really don't think this guy knew what he was talking about. Some of the guys working the floor at the Big Box Stores know their stuff but they would be the exception not the rule. Take what they tell you with a grain of salt. Go in and ask them some archery related questions you know the answers too, you'll find out pretty quickly what they do and don't know.
X2, great sight and it adjusts easily.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

One of the most precise and easy to adjust sights on the market. If probably thinks putting gas in his car is tough too..

Get one, you'll be happy you did.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Spike

I own a spot hogg hunter hogg it wrapped. The sight is top notch, tough as nails,and the adjust ability capabilities are the best i have seen in a bow sight bar none. The bass pro guy probably had no idea what he was doing, id be willing to bet he is used to plain jane loosen the allen screw and move sights.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Spike

Just bought a hunter wrapped and it is by far the best sight i have ever used. It has more adjustability than any sight i have ever owned. I can't beleive it took me this long to purchase one. The price is what deters most people i think.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Hogg It is the sight most others are measured by. It's a quality sight No doubt, although I am liking my tool less Viper Predator Microtune moreevery time I shoot with it. The HHA Rear sliders still rock in my book if you're not looking for a multi-pin sight

Dan

Quick Reply: SPOT HOGG USERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.