Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy ridge vertical pins >

Trophy ridge vertical pins

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy ridge vertical pins

Old 03-12-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Trophy ridge vertical pins

I have a trophy ridge sight that I have been using for a few months. I don't like it. It is a very well made piece (I was a machinist and appreciate well made stuff), but I can't see those in-line sights very well. When the target is dark it's fine, but when the target is light, those points disappear into one vertical line.

It's my first sight; never used a conventional horizontal pin sight, but t seems like I gotta get me one. Anyone else have similar experience?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:33 AM

Default RE: Trophy ridge vertical pins

I love my trophy ridge sight the in-line pins I find are fantastic IMO, never had the disappearing act happen like you described. anyways lots of good bright sights out there try the cobra line or copper john they seem to be highly recommended.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:13 AM

jones,

I was looking at the Matrix at Cabelas on Thursday and I noticed that the pins are very hard to see against a light background! A buddy of mine has the Matrix and he is "disappointed" in the sight! He has problems with seeing the pins as well as having problems with the sight pin guard loosening up on him~
Old 03-18-2005, 09:07 AM

I purchased a nitro extreme and I love it for hunting but I have problems with the pin(s) disappearing while I am target shooting also. One thing I did while target shooting was lower the other pins out of the way and use the 20yrd pin only (300 League). Helps somewhat.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had a number of Trophy Ridge sights and switched back to a typical horizontal pin sight (SpotHogg) and had problems. I love verticle pins and have trouble shooting without them now. If you are having a problem with the inline pins you may need to switch to horizontal pins or maybe use a light on the vertical pins. Everyone is different.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:58 PM

I have never used vertical pins, I use Extreme archery sight with horizontal pins. I love it, and the best thing is it was under $50. I am a machinist, have been for 18 years in the aircraft industry. I can tell you this, the quality is there too. A friend of mine told me about this sight, it is what he uses. I checked it out, and was pleasently suprized.