Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Ridge Pins >

Trophy Ridge Pins

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge Pins

Old 08-25-2004, 10:46 AM

Default Trophy Ridge Pins

I have the TR Matrix Guide sight. I noticed when shooting that the 10-20 yard pin wasn't as bright as the other pins. Upon inspection I noticed that the fiber optic was broken at the bend, a small piece was still in the pin. So I email TR. Get a fast reply that says call them. I called and explained the situation. The rep mentioned something about the pin being "shot out" and continued on. After a couple of more questions and answers, I asked her what she meant by "shot out". She said that when sights have come back and inspected it was concluded that the arrow went through the sight and shot out the pins or fiber optics. TR is sending me a new green fiber........for $2.00. Anyone ever hear of this? Friendly customer service, but I didn't want to send my sight in for inspection to see if it had been shot out, it hadn't. They're brittle pieces, I wonder what happens in the butt nasty cold weather?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Pins

The arrow went through the site, eh? And they're sending a new piece of fiber optic for 2 bucks? Copper John sent me a small bag full of fibers for nothing after I broke my fiber on the 3D course. I know one thing for sure, the fiber wasn't "shot out". It was snagged on a twig.

I called Trophy Ridge this week too. I asked about the 10 cent foam arrow cradle that comes with the Drop Zones. She kindly directed me to their web site where I can purchase a new one for $5.99. I think I'll pass on that.............

For what we pay up front for their equipment, I would think they'd ease up on the accessory and replacement gouging after the initial purchase.

Fritz
Old 08-25-2004, 12:11 PM

"For what we pay up front for their equipment, I would think they'd ease up on the accessory and replacement gouging after the initial purchase. "

I hear that. I removed a similiar comment from my post as I don't have enough flame retardent, doh. Yeah, my sight went from $139 to $141. I have my bow tuned and shooting well, no way was I jerking with it by taking it off and sending it back for inspection. I really have no idea how it happened. I do think it was like that out of the box, but didn't notice it until after I had shot the bow. The Pro Shop guy kinda shrugged his shoulders and said, "yep, it's broke."
Old 08-25-2004, 12:26 PM

Hey pheasbo....I got the basic flatliner 5-pin and was wonderin if you can remove and reuse the fiber optic in case i wanted to make it a 2 or 3 pin sight.....
Old 08-25-2004, 02:32 PM

From what I have read on here, I think a couple guys have done that have removed some of their pins.

Bowhack: This is a link to removing pins from the TR sights. http://trophyridge.com/images/Sight%20Housing%20P.1.pdf
Old 08-25-2004, 07:44 PM

[8D] i have been shooting bows for over 20 years i have never had an arrow go thru my sight i think ill steer cleer of those sights
Old 08-25-2004, 08:44 PM

This same thing happened to me! I paid $120.00 for the GS Matrix, put it on my bow and the first shot my feather busted 2 fiber optic loops under the sight!!! I know I should have checked for clearance but come on 2 broken with a feather? This thing is now for sale as a 3 pin GS Matrix.[:@]