Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vertical Pins

Old 06-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Vertical Pins

I've been back and forth on what type of sight to get. originally i was thinking about a pendulum, but it seems that many people on this forum think with todays high speed bows, they arent worth it. (I'm onlyshooting 220fps)
So now i'm looking into single pin sights. Is their any advantage to vertical pins. It seems to me that they wouldn't be quite as accurate. But what do i know, maybe i should just get horizontal pins.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vertical Pins

Personally, I like the vertical pin because I can align it with the back-side of the leg (on a deer), and it mentally helps me. I personally like a single vertical pin w/ an adjustment mechanism for different distances. This has greatly helped my accuracy, and it just works for me.

Check out Vital Bow Gear sights. I've been using them for several years now and they are very nice. Crazy bright, tough, simple, and they have a bunch of different sights to choose from. Check em out!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Spike

I shoot a Trophy Ridge Flatliner 3 pin (vertical pins) and i feel vertical pins do have a much clearer sight window than horizontal arrangements but i would have to say go to nearest proshop and ask to try bows with both vertical and horizontal pins and see what you like best. here is what to expect.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Trophy Ridge Rhino and love it. I like the vertical pins and wouldnt go back to the horizontal. However I like 2 pins that dont move that way I can make a quick adjustment in my mind for yardage and dont have to mess with it.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BowyerNADE

I shoot a Trophy Ridge Flatliner 3 pin (vertical pins) and i feel vertical pins do have a much clearer sight window than horizontal arrangements but i would have to say go to nearest proshop and ask to try bows with both vertical and horizontal pins and see what you like best. here is what to expect.
How do you gap/split your pins? It's impossible unless you have your pins off to the side which is not good especially when picking a hair or another nock on a 3D range. Seems odd to have vertical alignment?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 PM

copper john dead nuts by far the best hunting sights
Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you gap/split your pins? It's impossible unless you have your pins off to the side which is not good especially when picking a hair or another nock on a 3D range. Seems odd to have vertical alignment?
It's not hard at all to gap shoot. I don't even see the black of the pin between the fibers. As far as being able to see a nock between the pins, come on, what if the nock was at the exact distance of one of your pins, how do you not block out the nock then? Same thing, you line up the pin, over the nock, and shoot!! The nock/target is not visible in either case! No?? And I have never picked out a single hair of any target, seems to me that all the hairs are too close together to pick one single hair out, even at 20 yards!! Instead, I pick a spot, and shoot.
The vertical pins aren't for everyone, but gapping the pins has not been a problem for me, and many others.
Seeing between or through the pins is easier for some than others, just like some can see arrow flight, and some can't!! Odd as it may seem , I like the vertical pins better than my old horizontal, and it took a very short time of practice to get accustumed to the difference!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:28 PM

I like the verticle pins also. Ive had both kinds vertical and horizontal. The simple reason is the horizontal blocks out more of the target. I have a trophy ridge its ok, wish I could afford a new one. Ive been using verticle for 3 years now
Old 06-20-2006, 09:53 AM

I switched this year to vertical pins. I love it--I haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet, but at the range, I see no problems. I like how I can align all the pins up with the deer's front leg (as someone else previously said). Now I just need to work on figuring out distance on the fly...
Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have a one verticle pin sight with adjustment for yardage to shoot 3d "i did use it last year hunting worked fine" and it shoots great and is very acurate. I will probaly put on a trophy ridge for hunting this year vertical alignment is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Vertical Pins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.