Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Allegiance Questions >

Allegiance Questions

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Allegiance Questions

Old 03-12-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Allegiance Questions

Looking through the BowTech Catalog, I noticed that almost all of the bows show the cables crossing below the cable rod. Yet there were a couple that showed them crossing above. Does it matter?

The reason I ask is that in trying to tune my allegiance, I have to move my trophy taker extended windage rest all the way out to get my bow to paper tune and have the bare shafts hit with the fletched arrows. This puts one of the arms on the rest part way off the shelf. I also can't extend my sight far enough out. When pulling back the bow, the bottom cam seems to lean pretty bad, so I switched the cables to cross above the cable guard like on my extreme solo and it doesn't seem to lean near as bad. Will this matter?

I also ordered a Hicks cable slide as there is between 3/8 and 1/2 inch clearance between my vanes and the cables. Isn't this putting undue pressure on the cams to lean?
If the Hicks allows the cables to move closer to the arrow will this reduce the lean? Will it also allow me to move the rest closer in and still be able to paper and bare shaft tune?

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:52 AM

Default RE: Allegiance Questions

I am not sure about that ,but when i look at my catalog the pics of the OG and the Allegiance, the limbs on both bows say they are PRO 40's.Go figure.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Your cable's should cross BELOW the cable rod,and when you replace the slide,make sure you have clearence between the cables.If not,turn the slide around on the rod.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:38 PM

There are a few pics that Bowtech uses on their web page and literature that shows a few of their bows with the cables crossed above the cable guard. As far as I know, these are mistakes that where not caught by the proofreader. A lot of people never even notice it. (Personally, I notice that kind of crap right away.)

If you download the 2005 Bowtech manual and read it, it specifically says that the cables should be crossed BELOW the cable guard.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:10 AM

my ally is set up with the center of the arrow 15/16" left of the burger hole side of the riser. this is what i got bare shaft tuning my acc 3-49s. most people are getting 1 7/8" from the OUTSIDE right side of the riser.
Insatiable