HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Allegiance Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Stonyrvr

Default Allegiance Questions

Looking through the BowTech Catalog, I noticed that almost all of the bows show the cables crossing below the cable rod. Yet there were a couple that showed them crossing above. Does it matter?

The reason I ask is that in trying to tune my allegiance, I have to move my trophy taker extended windage rest all the way out to get my bow to paper tune and have the bare shafts hit with the fletched arrows. This puts one of the arms on the rest part way off the shelf. I also can't extend my sight far enough out. When pulling back the bow, the bottom cam seems to lean pretty bad, so I switched the cables to cross above the cable guard like on my extreme solo and it doesn't seem to lean near as bad. Will this matter?

I also ordered a Hicks cable slide as there is between 3/8 and 1/2 inch clearance between my vanes and the cables. Isn't this putting undue pressure on the cams to lean?
If the Hicks allows the cables to move closer to the arrow will this reduce the lean? Will it also allow me to move the rest closer in and still be able to paper and bare shaft tune?

I would appreciate any help you can give me.