Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 07 Allegiance questions >

07 Allegiance questions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance questions

Old 01-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 07 Allegiance questions

Alright experts, here's the deal. I just finished putting my new strings and cables from Wolfden Bowstrings on last night, which, by the way are awesome strings (3rd set i've owned).

Anyway, after putting them on, I checked all specs to see where they come in. Brace height is dead on a 7 1/4 and my draw weight only went down about 1/2lb from where it was before replacing them. The weird thing is, the ATA length is 1/4" short at 33".

Do you guys think this is something to worry about? I have not put a single arrow through it yet and anticipate thing will settle in and change a smidge.

Also, I noticed my timing dots on each cam went from 4 dots showing to 5.

Any ideas or am I just worrying about nothing here?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:45 AM

Default RE: 07 Allegiance questions

I wouldn't worry about it as long as your draw length is right on. How is it? Do you synch your cams when you put on the new strings?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't checked any of that yet. I figured I would run 50 or so arrows through it to settle everything in before making any changes.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I haven't checked any of that yet. I figured I would run 50 or so arrows through it to settle everything in before making any changes.

Do that and then make sure the cams are timed properly and see what you get (you had said the timing marks were off after the string change?)
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, yes the timing marks are off by one dot from where the old strings and cables had them. Draw length feels a smidge short, but I suspect this will come in once I shoot it a bit. My main concern was the ATA being out by 1/4" and hurting the bow.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing to offer here. But I am interested in this topic and what to look for as I will likely be putting on a new set of strings on one(or both) of my Ally's. One still has the original set, the other has a set of VaporTrail on it.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Also, I noticed my timing dots on each cam went from 4 dots showing to 5.
I have 3 dots showing and the ATA is 33.25.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

rybo, I hear ya. I posted a question on AT to see if anyone could offer up any answers to what the cam proper rotation should be set at initially, at brace before doing any timing stuff to begin with and so far all I have gotten was arguements. [:@] That place is ridiculous.

My concern with initial rotation setting is if its under or over rotated to begin you may not get the optimum performance out of the bow.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

The man whodesigned this bow and I were talking about this just last weekend, so it's fortuitous I saw your thread (although what he told me wouldn't have changed my answer, but it was comforting to hear it come from THE MAN ... He said if the strings and cables are the proper length, both brace and a-to-a SHOULD be spot-on. If "I" had to choose one over the other, it'd probably be brace and let the a-to-a fall where it may...

BUT, the MOST important thing is cam timing... ensuring your cams are in synch, either through utilizing a draw board or by pulling your bow down and eyeballing the cams while it's on a scale or some other apparatus (the way I do it...) is more important than either of the other two.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

I'm going to cycle a bunch of shots through it tonight in the basement to settle the strings in and see where I end up.

when I put the new set on, I measured each on a board under 100# of tension and they were spot on. Who knows.....

Quick Reply: 07 Allegiance questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.