Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics* >

Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Old 03-06-2005, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

[X(] I was hoping to see the Diamonds at the Cabelas store in Kearney, Nebraska today[] Not there yet So I just bought another Double Bull Blind instead I talked with Keith and Brooks from DB this weekend and they are really great guys[8D]
Old 03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the min-review Matt. Looks like a very well made bow. I look forward to getting my hands wrapped around the Triumph.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Spike

Matt,

I am very interested to hear your opinion after you have had some time shooting the new Diamond. I am also interested in your thoughts on the dual cam version of this bow. Also, how and where can you purchase the wood handle? North4
Old 03-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting it quite a bit over the last week, and the thing is impressive.......I added the set of Limbsaver Ultras that you see in the pic and it made an already quiet bow EXTREMELY quiet. There is no doubt in my mind that this bow is quieter than my Liberty, how I really don't know, but it is. [:-] And shooting much faster to boot.
Set up as seen in the picture, static and dynamic balance are terrific.
I took some video of me shooting this bow from the side and you can see when it's shot by looking at the idler wheel , the bow doesn't move in any plane significantly even at 315fps.
Balance IMO is perfect. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to download the vid and you'll see.
The usual trade off is there for this kind of speed, draw cycle is more agressive than a bow like the Liberty with it's Freedom cam, and the nock travel will probably be typical of an "I" cam bow, but it just stacks arrows like crazy and silently too, that's the most impressive part.

I know I shouldn't tell you guys this as doing so WILL void your warranty, but oh well.......I took the 75gr tip out of a 375 gr arrow and shot i the now 300gr arrow at 70# into my bag target and through the chrono for giggles to see the speed and vibration etc........well there was no real difference in shot feel or noise (nothing significant) and the chrono read an average of 339fps for 3 shots. I even let my buddy Frank do this and he was pretty shocked as well.

Set up to shoot my 403gr A/C/C's at 296fps it's going to be a heck of a deer swatter.

You can order the wooden grip from Diamond/Bowtech separately. In all honesty the rubber one isn't bad at all, I just am so used to the wood style like my Bowtechs that I didn't want to change.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Great reviews Matt!! So,,, how would you say the Victory Solitare compares with,, say,, a Switchback???
Old 03-13-2005, 08:57 AM
CWB

How about the Diamond dual cam model. I was wondering if the dual cams were as quite as the single cam and I was wondering what kind of a valley the dually had. Do they really letoff 70%? I shot Bowtech duallys last few years and they shoot really good but there was almost no valley and if you creep a hair they would about rip your arm off. The short valley promoted good shooting but were a little hard on the shoulder. I would like to see a dually that was a little more shoulder friendly.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

We just got in a 29/60 Victory Solitare today.. and I must say I really like this bow. Very "Patriot Like"... I didn't even mind the Rubber/Plastic grip... I did shoot it through the chrono.. and the speeds were a little lower than I expected.. but still not bad... 287fps w/ a 305gr arrow set at 29/60#. I definately might have to have one to backup the Pro40... now I just gotta check out the dually to see which I like better...