Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Switchback Vs Diamond Victory >

Switchback Vs Diamond Victory

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switchback Vs Diamond Victory

Old 09-19-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Switchback Vs Diamond Victory

As I sit and wait for my bow to come in, I did some number crunching and a switchback is only $100 more than the Victory now. Plus tax (no tax on the Victory...internet order). So an equally set up Switchback would cast another $170...plus or minus.
Is the Mathews wirth that price difference?
Is the benefit of ordering locally worth it?

Plus I still have a couple of days to wait for the Diamond when I need to be shooting...

Tim
Old 09-19-2005, 04:59 PM

Default RE: Switchback Vs Diamond Victory

shoot one of each and whatever feels better buy, you might even shoot others see what fits and what u shoot the best with and buy it!!!! proud owner of a mathews legacy!!! (hint hint)!! lol
Old 09-19-2005, 05:30 PM

I know nothing about the Victory, but I shoot an Outback and absolutely love it, but whatever makes your putter flutter, buy it.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:50 PM

That's the problem...of all the archery shops around me, the only mid-top level bows they carry are Mathews. The rest of the stuff they carry is between $100 and $250...although I did see a new LX for $350...

So the local archery club is also one of the shops...everyone shoots Mathews...it's crazy.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buy that Victory and you will Switchback.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Not crazy, just a lot of really smart people!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Anything that mathews is compared to is just as good,or they wouldn't try and convince you not to buy it.I have a victory,it's very fast,acurate,and quiet,and hand shock?What hand shock?....I guarantee it can hang with the switchback,and according to the speed numbers I have seen posted it's equal to or faster.Atleast my set up is.I didn't like the grip or the cable gaurd set up on the mathews..They are both nice bows.It's a personal choice.Geez they are both over $500 bucks,so they are high end bows.Wait til you shoot an arrow,and your eyes will light up.Trust me it is a nice bow.You just get people that are so narrow minded when it comes to product selection.There would only be one brand of everything if there were only one thing that was the best.It's just about personal choice,and it erks me to see people always tell newbies you have to have scentblocker,you have to have tinks 69,you have to have a mathews,you have to have a browning,you have to have muzzys...NO you don't.The are all great,but they are not the only thing.Please post back,and tell me if you are satisfied with your victory.I'll be suprised if you're not.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:18 PM

I'd go for the Mathews....personal op. Didn't diamond get bought out by Bowtech? I'm sure it's a good bow too.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow I must have gotten a great deal on my Diamond Victory, Less than $500. I bought it at a new shop in the area and these guys are really trying hard. I shot both the Diamond and the Switchback and could not really tell much difference other than the grip. For my money, espescially with the large price difference the Diamond was the way to go and I sure don't have any regrets.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM

AS I put my brain to this...I think I am going to cancel my Victory and get the Mathews LX...Hell it's $350.
That was the $700 bow 2 yrs ago.

At least that may be where my brain is now...

Quick Reply: Switchback Vs Diamond Victory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.