Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Victory Dual Cam. >

Diamond Victory Dual Cam.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory Dual Cam.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Diamond Victory Dual Cam.

I picked up my Diamond by Bowtech last Wedensday but did not get it set up till Friday.

The set up is 60lb, 28" draw, MZE, Spott Hogg Hogg-It. wist sling, 1 brass nock and 1 eliminator button and 24" Super Stix stabilizer.

I have run out of loop material so I decided to shoot it off the string (with a crappy wrist release).

Now I have heard some stories that seeing the Diamond line are gonna be sold in Bass Pro, Cabelas etc that the quality is not going to be there well what a load of crap that turned out to be

The fit and finish is of Bowtechs high standards with a lot of extra's that the main line have pivioting limb pockets, barrel nut for the draw weight adjustment and roller bearings in the cams as well as the block on the limb bolt ( or what ever it's called).

I backed out the limb bolts so people can see how the pivioting limb pockets work.

Take note of the back wall built into the cam module more on this later

Took it to work on Saturday to do some shooting, I was expecting the draw cycle to be simular to that of the Patriot Dual but boy was I surprised when I first drew the bow back, smooth as silk and would put the draw cycle between that of the Binary cam and the Freedom cam ( yes for a dual cam it is that smooth). There is no humps and bumps in the draw cycle and it rolls into the valley and into the rock solid back wall.

Well the back wall is rock solid much more solid than my BK and will dare say as solid as my Allegiance.

Altho it is not as fast as the Pat Dually or the Allegiance it was still spitting out the AC Superslims (about 420grs) at a decent speed ( I have not cronoed it yet) with absolutely no hand shock or vibration so I decided to take off the rubber grip to see if that was helping with vibration, nope still none shooting off the riser.

It is noticable quiter than my BK and almost as quite as my Allegiance, which with a set of limb savers it will be as quite.

About the only draw back I can see with this bow is the valley about 3/8" to 1/2" so those who are used to the long valley of the single cams and who tend to creep will soon know about it altho the let down is a lot easier with the Victory than my BK it will still tend to want to jerk you down if you creep specially if you get a 70lber.

I am still going to take it to the shop and shoot it through paper as I said above I only eyeballed everything and possible crono it.

But with what I have done so far with it as far as tuning goes it is just stacking them in there with real tight groups out to 40yrds which is all I can shoot at work

I would suggest anyone who wants Bowtech but can't afford one of the main line to have a real close look at the Diamond line as from what I have seen so far the the quality and shootability of the Diamonds are of what we have come to expect from any bow that Bowtech have put their name on.

I would rate the Victory duallie a 9.5 out of 10 with a .5 deduction for the valley but that is just my opinion as I am used to the valley of the BK so others might not agree with me
Old 03-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diamond Victory Dual Cam.

Nice bow Ausie!.........I thought you might give one a try being that you like Dual cam bows so much. When I was at the ATA show I didn't even get to draw the dual cam, but it sounds like I should have!?
What is the measured brace height on that bow? Just a really forgiving looking thing.......very Pat Dually looking, but you say smoother than the Patriot Dually?

Throw a set of Limbsaver Ultras on it in the usual Limbsaver position and wait until you feel the difference.....they turned my Victory Solitaire from a super quiet bow to an unbelievably quiet one.
Either that or at least slide the Vibrablocks up to the Limbsaver position, they work better up there.
Cool bow for sure.
My buddy Frank got himself a Victory Solitaire as well after I told him about mine, essentially as a back up to his Liberty and he got to shoot a 300lb wild pig with it yesterday (as well as a few assists on some others) Anyway he was so impressed with it, he said it will most likely be his #1 hunting bow OVER his Liberty and said there's no reason to drop the coin on a new Allegiance!.
He called me when he got back and said....."That thing is so smooth and quiet I just couldn't believe it"
I know, I know.

He might be the first to draw blood with the new Diamonds?
Old 03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is the measured brace height on that bow?
Matt.

The bow out of the box the brace was a tad over 8" but with the grip removed it is 8 1/2"

He might be the first to draw blood with the new Diamonds?
Matt.

You should know me better than that when I have a bow at work and the rabbits start to come out.

Sorry Frank I whacked 3 rabbits Saturday night while pretending to be working

Edit.

Matt.

I just moved the vibrablocks and your right it did make a big difference

The only problem I have now is deciding what bow to use for 3d with a 300gr arrow the Victory is going to more than enough speed.

Oh the pain of deciding between the Victory, BK, Allegiance, the OG which I am seriously thinking on buying or maybe even the Constitution.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Aussie.. would love to hear what speeds that bow shoots compared to the 60# Victory Solitare that we have at work.. I'm picking one of the 2 up as a backup bow to my Pro40.. but haven't gotten a dually in to try out yet.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to hear that the Diamonds are very good bows.

I must confess to being quite envious of your situation, Aussie. First of all, you are able to shoot your bows at work. Secondly, you seem to have a nearly unlimited bow budget.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

First of all, you are able to shoot your bows at work
Actually I was talking to the head guy at fleet and found out he is a hunter and we got to talking anyway long story short they have a rabbit problem there and he asked me if I would be willing to bring my bow in and take care of the problem of course he did not have to ask me twice

Secondly, you seem to have a nearly unlimited bow budget.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH if my wife finds out she will blow my budget on crap like jewellery
Old 03-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, mine bought a $700 dollar table last year. It is very decorative, though.[8D]

But it was on SALE![&:]
Old 03-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I work ina Gander Mountain store. We just got our first order of these bows. I can attest to the quality of the bows. Fit and finish are top notch. About the only complaint I might have is that our RH models have a rubber grip while the Lefties are sporting wood. The wood is really nice.

One of our guys set one up to shoot and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of noise. The bow was really quiet, but then I can't hear anyhow ------RIGHT FRANK AND MATT? Handshock, although not nonexistent was not too bad. I was a little dismayed with the speed though. Shooting a 28" draw and 60#, shooting a 370gr arrow it chrono'd at 250fps. The he shot my 23 Speed arrows weighing 265gr and it popped up to 295fps. So all in all I'd say it'll be a decent hunting bow. It won't set any speed records but it's quiet.

As soon as we get some modules I'll set one up for me and put it through it's paces. Probably won't be any time soon though.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:43 AM

Very nice looking toy there Russ.

Matt was to busy letting ME shoot it at the ATA I guess....and shoot it I did. I bet that bow will be the bow to beat in that price range. I couldn't believe how nice it was all around.

Now why can't they give it a cool name like "Solitaire"...only leave that top cam alone[8D]
Old 03-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

On doing some more testing the valley is bigger it just the transfer into the valley is so smooth it is hard to pick up you are actually in the valley.

This time I came to full draw and slowly started to let down and found the valley is actually about 3/4 to an 1".

Very nice looking toy there Russ
Kelly
Yes it is a very nice toy and I am finding it hard to put it down.

I bet that bow will be the bow to beat in that price range. I couldn't believe how nice it was all around
IMHO you are going to get a lot more value for the money with the Diamond rage.

On another note I added another pound to my release ( from 3lb to 4lb) because of the solidness of the back wall and am now getting an even crisper release