Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Silencing my bow >

Silencing my bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Silencing my bow

Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Silencing my bow

I'm trying to get my new Diamond Rapture to shoot as quiet as possible. I have a pair of NAP Thunderblox, Lore stabilizer, string leeches, Sims mini/accessory limb savers (2 on my sights), and a Sims grip insulator strip which I reccommend for a very comfortable grip! With all of this on my bow I am still getting noise and a little bit of hand vibration. I know that a completely silent/shock free bow is not realistic but I want to know what you guys think I can do to get my bow as quiet/shock free as possible? I was thinking of a new cable guard slide and dampeners. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Silencing my bow

Sounds like you got most of the bases covered. I've not tried the NAP thunderblox but I do know that the sims ultra limbsavers make quite a difference in vibration and such. Also check that all of the screws on your bow are tight.

If this doesnt help then you might just have a little bit of vibration you have to live with. You should be fine while in the woods though.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe the simms cable guard dampners do make a difference. Give them a try.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would also suggest you put a string leech or a small set of catwhiskers on your power cable just above where the serving stops. Cable vibration can make significant noise on some bows. You can dampen the vibration of the cable where it actually starts for less money than letting it vibrate, then trying to quell that on the cable guard itself. I agree that the Sims cable dampeners work well enough for vibration. The leech of catwhisker works better for noise, IMHO.