Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

GOLD TIPS

Old 01-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Default GOLD TIPS

I used the Axis this last season I i'm not all impressed with them and was thinking about switching over to the GT XT pro hunters any pros or cons on these arrows?
Old 01-21-2005, 07:17 AM

Default RE: GOLD TIPS

I used GT XT cammo hunters this year and have nothing but good things to say about them. They fly great and are tough as nails. If you are shooting with a release, I would recommend going with the next stiffer spined arrow when you look at the carts. I'm shooting a 27.5 inch arrow with 100 grain tips out of a 70 # bow and they fly great with field points and broadheads. I tried all the different broadhead brands I had and they all shot together. I also use blazer vanes and a whisker biscuit rest on my setup. I just received another dozen GT XT cammo hunters I ordered and am in the process of fletching them with blazers. Good luck with your selection.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used Gold Tips for about 4 years now and I don't think I'll be changing any time soon. They are the best quality for the price out there. I haven't had any spine issues that others have experienced, but I shoot a fairly short arrow (27") so the stiffness will be higher. If you give them a try you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 AM

I've been shooting GT Advantage pro hunters since april and am still shooting the original 4 I set up (quiver only holds 4 so thats all I set up). I like the GT'S because they are a good heavy, durrable arrow. You get the advantages of carbon(straightness, non bending & the durability) with a weight heavier then most carbon shafts.

These are truly the toughest carbon shafts I've ever shot. They are certainly worth every penny oftheir price tag. *****Made in USA******