Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOW STRINGS

Old 12-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BOW STRINGS

I was looking at a site called www.gasbowstrings.com.They look like a good string.Anyone ever try these strings,supposed to be new I guess but are some of the best in the world they say.Anyone hear anything or have any experience with these strings
Old 12-09-2004, 08:05 AM

Default RE: BOW STRINGS

I make all my own strings and feel mine are of the highest quality and provide outstanding performance.

That said, I believe that the strings to which you are refering are the ones made by Eric Griggs, who is an accomplished professional archer and greta all around guy. I am sure his strings are outstanding quality.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:08 AM

Change String to a new type of Premium Material ( ie: BCY Vectron 450 Premium) with a no-stretch capability. Be sure to check with bow manufacturer or The BowMan first. Some bows were not built to handle this stuff. (Gain 5 to 15 fps )
This can be found @ http://www.thebowman.com/tbspeed.html
I have a Buckmasters G2, Would this come with a string made of this material or somthing similar? If not could my bow handle it? My string is showing some wear and I probobly should get a new one soon.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

GAS is Griggs Archery Strings, it is Eric Griggs. I have know Eric for several years and he is one of the most helpfull and knowledgable guys around when it comes to shooting, tuning, playing with bows. Some of the top shooters around are using his strings, such as Nathan Brooks. Eric taught me to make strings and if he makes it for you it WILL be high quality.

--Bob
Old 12-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Chance is also usin Eric's strings. If they are good enough for the 2 time defending Vegas champion, they are good enough for anyone. Eric's strings are top notch.

Plus, as was already said, Eric is a great guy.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:54 PM

I shot GAS bowstrings this year, they are an awesome string. It was a pleasure to order the strings, I talked to Eric himself and he made suggestions on string materials based on what I would be using the bow for mostly. I had the string in a week, I couldn't be more pleased. You won't be disappointed.