Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Cobra X4 question..... >

Cobra X4 question.....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cobra X4 question.....

Old 10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
voz
Fork Horn

Default Cobra X4 question.....

I took my new treestand out this last weekend and noticed something...no matter how I adjust the seat, the "bar" (when in the down position) doesn't contact the stand, it sits on my lap...it looks like it lacks and inch and a half of making it. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks, Voz
Old 10-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cobra X4 question.....

If I'm hearing what your saying, yes your doing something very wrong.
Your supposed to use the bar in the down positon only during the climb up or down. Once your at the desired hunting height your supposed to flip the bar up behind your back so you can hunt with an open front area (without the bar getting in the way of a sitting shot). They could have easily engineered this stand to be an either or option like the Python, but as it is it's bar up only for hunting(unless you stand the whole time or are 4'0" tall-lol)
If I misread your post forgive me.

My take on this stand so-far..........I like my API grand stand shooting star better.

One thing you need to do asap with the cobra is wrap the two back brace bars that contact the seat with cloth material tape (I used the camo stuff). Without some sort of break between the metal and seat material. Without the break the seat moan and growns, creaks and whines any time weight is shifted while sitting.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:40 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info...I thought it was for use in either the bar up, or down positions. Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:25 AM

I kinda thought you could use the bar in either position too. Guess I'll go with the Viper if I have to pick one. I would rather have a bar in front than not. Seems more secure.