Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Question about Summit Cobra x4 >

Question about Summit Cobra x4

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question about Summit Cobra x4

Old 09-25-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Question about Summit Cobra x4

I've read everything on these boards about the Summit Cobra x4 and haven't seen what I'm looking for yet so here it goes. I know that it has an EZ Climbing bar that allows you to climb with it as a stand-up, sit-down climber. I know that this EZ Climbing bar folds up and out of the way for bow-hunting to allow for sit down shots. What I want to know is where does the bar sit while your climbing? Does it sit even with the side bars that the seat is strapped to such as the fixed bar on the Viper or does it sit in a different position? If it sits in the same position such as the one on the Viper couldn't it be left there and used as a gun rest during rifle season? The only pictures of it I can find have the bar flipped up or hanging down below the seat, which may be the only positions it can be in. I would love to see one in person but just don't have the time right now so I'm relying on everyone else's experience.

I currently own a Lone Wolf Hand Climber that is GREAT for bow-hunting, but I don't really like to gun hunt from it. [&:] I'm considering selling it and buying something that would be great for both, thus the question about the Cobra. I know that Summit's description says that the Viper is great for both, but I prefer an open front for bow hunting so I can shoot sitting down worry free.

Sorry for such a long post....I just want to convey my questions clearly! Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Question about Summit Cobra x4

TTT

Doesn't anyone own a Cobra x4? I'm 6' 3" - 235 lbs, will I have any problems with this stand?