Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whats wrong with my setup? >

Whats wrong with my setup?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whats wrong with my setup?

Old 11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whats wrong with my setup?

You will find that the better the shooters are the closer they will usually shoot with another good shooters bow.(Not saying you or your friends aren't good shooters)They usually have closer to the right form and aiming techniques.

I have 2 friends that have about the same level of skill as I.We can pick each others bows up and shoot them very well.They both can shoot mine as well as their own but I can't shoot theirs quite as well.It is a fit issue for me because I have a hard time getting down on their peep.The one will pick up my bow and shoot 50 yards right off the bat without any warm up.[]Oh well,they aren't his arrows.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:05 PM

Your probably right but i lean toward my bow having too long of draw for my friend, he is a real short person compared to me.
He has more shooting experience than i but i shoot pretty good too though i am new to the sport compared to him.
I talked to him today and the next time we get together he`s going to bring his bow so i can shoot his and see what happens.
Also doesn`t the fact that i end up back at the same settings as far as rest and knock height mean that the bow is tuned about as good as i can get it for me.
Shooting bow is a neat and challenging hobby that i am finding very gratifying, i`m already looking forward to upgrading to a new bow. I`m looking pretty hard at the BowTech bows, the pro-40 or the Liberty.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes,it is true that if you keep coming back to the original tune after GROUP TUNING you have the best tune possible for your shooting style or setup.That is basically what you keep doing and that is what you see and hear preached all over.

If you and your friend have a big difference in draw then you will see more of a difference imo than some with close to the same draw.My friends and I are close on draw length.About an inch between all 3 of us.The key with us is that we all use the same aiming style.

When I group tune,I still end up with bullet holes and I believe it has to do with perfect spine and good form.Notice I said good,not perfect form.Very few have so called perfect form.I do not, but it seems to be working.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Generally these package deal's are just thrown together and it's up to you to make sure your bow is setup correctly.You never said how far your shooting in order to get 8" group's ,but I agree your arrow rest would be the first place to start looking .

nubo