Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 setup on TKO drop away >

setup on TKO drop away

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

setup on TKO drop away

Old 09-26-2004, 02:35 PM

Default setup on TKO drop away

setting up my Vapor 300 with a TKO drop away rest. Any help with getting it setup correctly would be appreciated.

nock point location?
height?
ect.

Just any info that may help before starting from some people that are shooting it. Thanks
Old 09-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: setup on TKO drop away

I think you should start out w/ the nocking point level or about 1/16" high.. then paper tune and see what your bow needs from there. Check out www.goldenkeyfutura.com forums also.. lots of info there. Feel free to ask about anything that you might have trouble with. I've set up several of these rests on several different brands of bows.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:44 PM

Default RE: setup on TKO drop away

When we got two of the rest, I called a GKF tech and ask about the set up; he said one would set the rest to rise about the last 1-2” of the draw stroke and that would correspond to the rest dropping 8 to 12” into the power stroke.

We had to redesign the launch pins a little to get them to lay flat in the window. GKF says they plan to ship new pins.

I set the rest to rise on the last one inch so as to drop 8” into the power stroke: at 8” the acceleration pressure, from 16 to 65lb (let off) is still on the nock of the arrow, thus the bow is still tight on the bowhand. Some say this will prevent a multitude of bowhand sins from reaching the arrow rest.

You may wish to check the nock rotation, you can still get fletching contact if the rotation is wrong unless you are dropping the pins a long way & you do not wish to have a fall-away any higher than the bow calls for any other rest.

As for the nocking point & center shot set it up for that bow as was suggested by the company before. & do not stray far from these settings before you verify all other issues are correct.