Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How to get a muzzy zero effect to work >

How to get a muzzy zero effect to work

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to get a muzzy zero effect to work

Old 08-21-2004, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default How to get a muzzy zero effect to work

How do you get this to work?

I have this rest on a PSE firestorm lite. The fletchings are hitting the rest.

I've had it in the shop several times, but still no solution. It's obvious the guy at the shop I go to doesn't know how to set it up right, in my case. I have seen him put this rest on other bows and have the same problem, but I've also seen him put this rest on and have no problem. He keeps telling me not to worry, but he's not the one paying to re-fletch arrows every month. It also makes it impossible to paper tune.

He has the main bolt in the third (3) hole from the end, and he has the rest arm in the back hole, and the other end attached to the cabel card. The rest rises almost an inch when at full draw, and is below the shelf when not drawn, so it should be out of the way.

He put mole hair on the rest arm, and the fletchings cut it to pieces. I'm even getting black marks on the fletchiings now.

I haven't been able to find anybody else in my area that actually knows how to get this rest to work, and need some expert advise.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to get a muzzy zero effect to work

RE: How to get a muzzy zero effect to work
Read the instructions.

if that dont work call muzzy and ask for a tech rep.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

When is the rest bottoming out on the stop plate? It should bottom out about an inch from the valley or back wall.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

To add, it sound like it might be OK. The problem sounds like bow tuning issue to me. Because you are getting fletching interference I'd try paper tuning it with a bare shaft to see how that leaves the bow. I can tell you that the rest operates flawlessly if set up well and the bow is tuned to the arrows you are shooting.

And if all else fails the guy you want to talk to at Muzzy is Mark Land. Most likely he'll see this post and add some help.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:38 AM

If you are anywhere near Baltimore, take it to Macrotech. Len is the best there is with the MZE.

Good luck,
Allen
Old 08-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

I took it to a different shop today. They moved the arm to the front hole, and then we paper tuned.

It now shoots bullet holes in the paper. We replaced the mole hair, so I could check. It looks like I still have one fletching hitting, but I haven't shot enough yet. I need to rest my arm, will shoot more on Monday.

The good news, is that I am now shooting both Muzzy 100GR 4 blade, and 100GR Steel Force. Both shoot exactly the same as field points.

I need to shoot about 150 times, and then should know if I am still having fletching contact.

Please continue to post any advice, as all has been helpful to this point

Located in western WI
Old 08-21-2004, 09:21 PM

I was going to sugggest moving the arm to the last hole, then i read your last post about that already being done. I took mine off of my Q2XL Matthews, and put it on my AR-34 and in doing so I lost about 5 axle to axle inches, I had to move mine to the last hole as you mentioned and tune it slightly then it shot bullet holes. I love it and have no plans to change.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:07 PM

Tell ya what, I'll send you the setup video if you'd like( if you donte already have it)....free of charge. You can pay shipping. Email me if interested. Note that on the video the guy shoots like a 25 in. draw, so watch it once first before you start to tweek it. Email me if you are interested.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Well:

We finally figured this out, after I blew-up to ACC's. The arm that the cable card slides on was loose and moving.

We have it tight now, and I'm headed back to the shop tonight to start over. I'll keep you guys informed