Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Adhesive

Old 08-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Best Adhesive

I'm trying to avoid drilling holes in my new Summit stand but I want to mount a Kwikee quiver bracket to the left arm of the upper portion of the stand. I'm thinking I may be able to get away with removing some of the powder coat, roughing up the aluminum and the back of the bracket, then using a glue to hold it in place.

Does anyone know of a good adhesive that might be suitable for this? It would have to withstand cold temps and not become brittle (rules out Super Glue), but withstand the occasional torque that a quiver hanging on the bracket would pose.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 08-25-2004, 06:40 PM

Default RE: Best Adhesive

Silicone caulk? Its sturdy enough to hold on a kwikee and is pliable at most temperatures.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:01 PM

two sided tape has to be 3m brand or your wasting your molo. the kind they use in auto body make sure you clean surfaces very clean it will hold like its bolted on no need to ruff it up.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:15 PM

Duct Tape. I use it to hold on those household hooks to hold my pull-up ropes. My rope is always on the stand. When I pull it up, I'll wrap it around the two hooks. Never has to be untangled or looked for.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mount a thin piece of wood to the Quickee bracket and use a hose clamp. The adhesives will fail, I'll all but guarantee it. That's a whole lot of stress on a glued joint....over and over and over again. With a bit of enginuity you'll figure out how to mount the bracket....if not just ask and I'll gladly explain.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a Kwikee quiver. I mounted a small peace of flat metel with two u-bolt clamp to the rail of the summit viper i have. Then screwed the quiver bracket to the flat metel peace seems to work just fine! Good luck!
Old 08-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys. After a few recommendations for JB Weld, I decided to give it a try. I used a Dremel to remove the powder coat from the stand, then roughed up the back of the bracket. I put enough Weld on both surfaces so that a small mushroom formed in each of the bracket screw holes. So long as the Weld adheres to the aluminum well, the mushroom heads should be enough to keep the bracket from coming off.............but we shall see!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know how it holds up.

Fritz
Old 08-26-2004, 03:49 PM

JB Weld is the bomb. If anything will hold it will. They use it to fix cracked engine blocks. Just get as even of a mixture as you can and let it cure 48 hours