Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds >

p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

Old 06-04-2005, 11:25 AM

Default RE: p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

I thought this conversation took place in a few days! [} You kept us informed. It sounds strange that your bow is still out of whack. Did you try contacting Bowtech? Also, I noticed you don't use a wrist sling. You may want to try one. This will help you stop gripping your bow after the shot. I just let mine fall. I barely even grip it. Without a sling it would fall on the ground. This helps me control the torque.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:25 PM

If this thread doesn't say it...I just missed it. At some point in all the original screwing around, I did put a wrist ling on it. Oh, this gets discussed either in this thread or another when I talked about type of grip that seemed to help or hurt. In the end, I determined I was not torquing or doing anything wrong at grip..so the sling wasn't really necessary. Oh, I did contact Bowtech and one of their agents way back when it was taking some time to get certain parts replaced. I haven't gone to them and said
"I could never get this thing to shoot consistently for me," because I would guess their response would be "The bow doesn't fit you or your shooting style....so too bad."
Old 06-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Carphunter.. I read most of this thread.. And it seems that you need to get a GOOD set of new strings made from 452X.. which is the most stable string material on the market. I would suggest that you might benefit from sending your bow into Crackers for some custom strings. He also super tunes your bow so that everything is where it should be. He's considered a magician w/ these bows.

I am beginning to question the abilities of your dealer... esp since he did not want to creep tune your bow... prolly because he didn't know how. You might give Crackers a call.. you can find his contact info at www.cartersarchery.com . I owned an '03 Patriot dually.. and absolutely loved it. I hate to see someone like you having soo many problems... and I think the main problem is your dealers lack of knowledge and not being able to correctly address your problems. I understand that having this many issues can really discourage an archer.. no matter how good the bow might be. The member here and at archerytalk are always willing to help as much as needed. So if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carphunter, I've gathered you have some problems with consistent grip, anchor, and bow arm/shoulder. The Duallys may not be the most forgiving bows ever built but, they are shooters. Cam synch is very important with them. That aside, my guess is your possible inconsistent grip. If I put more heel into the grip, my P40 will shoot high. If synch is moving continually, you may have a bad cable. Broken strands under the serving is a possibility. In all the shooting (alot) I've done with mine, I've re-synched cams 3 times. And twisted the string twice. But then I'm somewhat anal about these things on my Dually. There's no reason your bow shouldn't be able to set up to shoot, and shoot.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:57 PM

yep, i agree about the 452x. besides that you need to invest in a bowpress. walkswithagimp makes a great portable one. you need to learn how to tune the bow yourself and quit taking it to the dealer. if you're willing to take the time to go into so much detail - which is good - i'm sure you could figure that bow out down to the last detail. once you figure them out dually's are really easy to work on and shoot great.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:32 PM

I'd like to respond to pdq5oh and say..."ya, it's the grip, shoulder, or whatever else." And I've beat myself up over this thinking I was the problem. Unfortunately...I've shot a few other short draw bows, short axle bows, as well as a lot of longer, more traditional bows...and whatever issues I've had, they'be barely affected my arrow flight and poa.

With the dually.... when it was on...it was on... I couldn't make it screw up via grip, shoulder, etc.

I'm thinking I've got the stuff handy...I'll probably video tape myself shooting and call out where the hits are. Possibly then I can spot shooter problems. If they aren't apparent, I'll look at the bow some more

I'll ask about a new string as I know the dealer makes them... I'm not ready to pull the plug on this shop just yet (but may shortly).
Old 06-06-2005, 05:51 PM

if you don't want to ever do your own work a dually is not for you, at least in my opinion.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:40 AM

Well, bow will be restrung with 452x.

Dealer says all things being equal...he thinks a cable is stretching and isn't stopping (hence going out of time every 60- 100 shots)
Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dealer says all things being equal...he thinks a cable is stretching and isn't stopping (hence going out of time every 60- 100 shots)
This very well could be the problem , especisly if your strings/cabels are old . I think you are getting a misconception of creep tuneing , and its a vital part of shooting a dual cam bow . With a quality string/cabel a creep tuneded dual cam bow , will stay in tune alot longer than a singel cam bow , so dont let the cam design sway you .

Heres a great link to spot hogs newsletters , they have some great advise

http://www.spot-hogg.com/1_thru_10.htm

Heres a link to some creep tuneing info

http://unofficialatfaq.tripod.com/creep_tuning.htm
Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 AM

yep...somewhere back through this thread...or in a parallel one, I'd already read Spott Hogs stuff... I also had talked with one of them specifically about this bow.

Thanks

Quick Reply: p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.