Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds >

p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

Old 08-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-16-2004, 05:40 AM

Default RE: p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

I do intend to hit my dealer today for some observation. (I've been delaying that because I kinda wanted to be sure I had a clear idea in my own mind as to what's happening).
Old 08-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same thing with my Pro 40 Wheely. It shot almost a foot high at 30 yards if I creeped. The adjustment can be very small to get you where you should be, but it can be done. I got the wheels (cams) to the positions I needed to eliminate the problem, and also twisted the string up a little to get the draw length a bit shorter. Again, the adjustment will be small. As little as a 1/2 twist might make the difference you need.

I would not mess around with a high wrist grip unless you want a whole new set of problems. Go back to your original grip unless it is causing torque. That would also eliminate the problem of the draw length being too short for you.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:49 AM

After another conversation with bud, he said go back to original grip...just don't wrap fingers around the grip. He said I should get a sling if it feels "weird"...like I might drop bow (even though I wouldn't). He then said to examine my anchor and get it consistent. Kisser button if necessary..but just be darn certain it's the same everytime. I can see this being an issue since right now, my anchor includes the barrel of the release resting against the corner of my mouth..but I'm not certain that I'm always at the same point on the barrel. So, I'm going to make my anchor be nose touching string, and put a "bump" on the barrel of the release to act as a kisser. If that doesn't work..I'll figure out if I can put a kisser on the string.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:51 PM

Well, shot again Sunday to check my form...still two groups.

Took the bow to dealer today.

He pulled it back twice after I said it might need creep tuning. He said no... it's out of sync. So, after 10 minutes in and out of a press, I took it back to the practice range.

Aside from POI dropping 2" from where it had been, every arrow went right where I pointed. Didn't matter if hand was open, closed, or had a murderous grip on bow. It was nice to know every arrow was going to go where I pointed it.

This was the second time I've had it tuned, with probably less than 250 arrows fired so far.

Dealer said that cable stretching should be over for a while. But I could mark the cams to watch for it going out again.

The reason the bow worked for my bud and not for me is that I fire from the wall, he fired from not quite the wall (for those of you who don't have duallies, the valley is pretty tiny - to non existant on these bows).

Anyways, moral of the story....listen to the people here...if it ain't right...don't muck around...go see your darn dealer (now, must go beat that into my head for a while).
Old 08-24-2004, 12:54 PM
bigcountry

I have the same issue on my Mohave every once in a while. I have to keep an eye on the cam locations. I would get bullet holes when paper tuning, and every 3rd arrow, I would get a vertical tear. Thanks for letting us know the issue.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:39 PM

Carphunter thats what I was telling you all along CREEP TUNING is adjusting the cam timing so that all arrows wether shot of the wall or while creeping impact at the same spot.
Good Luck
BD
Old 08-25-2004, 06:19 AM

I had though from what I was reading that creep tuning was adjusting a bow that was in good sync, to what might be called slightly out of sync to handle the problem of creep shooting.

But like I said, main point is go see the dealer.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:33 PM

Default My bow's name is now Bane

60 or so arrows after last tuning...out of tune again.

I'm not happy.

I'll see the dealer tomorrow.

This time I noticed one of the cable silencers had crept up and was interfering with spin of the cam...don't know how it got that high...but damn...this is getting annoying.

I'm going to start practicing with my old bow just in case...

For now, this thing doesn't go in the woods.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many arrows do you have through the bow? On my duallys, I noticed the most creep for about the first 100 shoots, then it would settle for awhile...then a little more creep after about 5 or 6 hundred shots, then settle for good.

The duals are sensitive to cam synch, and summer weather will make them creep a bit more than usual..especially in the South or other areas of high humidity. I like to get the creep shot out way before the season starts because of this.

Quick Reply: p.o.i jumping 6" to 1 foot at 15 yds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.