Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rocky Mt. Snyper question.... >

Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Old 07-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Haha, those things just give me the eebee geebies lookin at them! Nasty lil buggers. I thought about those as well. I think I"ll just wing it and see how the snypers fair out.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Snypers should do well for you. You may want to consider the Gator XPs as well. Both of these heads penetrate beter than the conventional jacknife style mechanical heads due to their design.

I saw the Tekan at Bass Pro today, that's a tiny head for a mechanical. Looks h$ll for stout though.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:30 AM

Check out 5 Shot's Broadhead Test Results as Kcison recommended. 5 Shot has also tested the Rocky Mountain Gator XP (new mech head). Take a look at it. In 5 Shot's tests it scores the highest mechanical that I've found. Compare the two by 5Shot's test - Snyper (http://www.american-hunter.com/broad...dhead_test.htm) and Gator (www.broadheadtests.com). The Snyper scored 23 and the Gator 26. Check em out!
Old 07-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should be fine with the snypers. The penetrate well, open fast and work great. I killed my best buck to date with one.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:32 PM

great heads!!! dont use the rubber bands though,, tie them up with thread, that way if your stalking they dont break on you!!!!
hit a branch or some thing??? i speak from exsperience.. all in all they fly great and penitrate well...
Old 07-25-2004, 10:15 AM

I've used them for two years, now, and have had no problems with them. They are incredible for penetration and the entrance wound is unbelievable. I went to an orthodontist and got a bag of the little rubber bands they give kids for their braces and these work great. You will have no problems with your setup.