Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bitzenberger Problems? Any Help! >

Bitzenberger Problems? Any Help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bitzenberger Problems? Any Help!

Old 06-18-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Bitzenberger Problems? Any Help!

Help!

I am trying to use my Bitzenberg fletch jig and I am not getting good contact between the clamp and arrow. Every time I use the thing the back part of the vane is dead center on the arrow, but the front tip of the vane is turned (curled) off from center and doesn't get good contact.

I like the jig, but I don't like the clamp contact. Any help from other Bitz owners, please!

PS - I have both a Right Helical Clamp and Staight clamp with both doing the same thing.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bitzenberger Problems? Any Help!

There is an adjustment for offset in the front and the back , I would move both to the left one notch and see if that works for you , if not try 2 notches to the left and so on .
Old 06-18-2004, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

.... the back part of the vane is dead center on the arrow, but the front tip of the vane is turned (curled) off from center and doesn't get good contact.
Have you adjust the individual dials to get the appropriate offset for your particular shaft?

And you don't neccessarily want the back of the vane dead-center. Assuming you want some amount of straight offset or helical, you would adjust the dials so that the middle of your fletch length is where the dead-center would be. That way some of the fletching to the rear of fletch center biases one direction, and front of fletch center biases the other direction.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:03 AM

I've still got the original Bitzenberger jig I bought back in 1975 It is very adjustable and can be made to center the ends of the flecthing on any shaft. I like using the old Fletch Tite cement,,, slow but when it dries for a few hours, it sucks the ends down very tight and looks great even if the jig isn't set up perfect.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

place an arrow into the jig.
place fletching into the clamp
set clamp on to the arrow without adhesive
set the back end of the clamp to the left and the front to the right where the fletching straddles the center and turn until the clamp sets even on the shaft then tighten down the dials.
also if the magnet is loose tighten it up with the allen wrench that is provided other wise you will not get a good seat.

Hope this helps.
Mike