Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? for Bitzenberger users >

? for Bitzenberger users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for Bitzenberger users

Old 10-20-2003, 01:32 PM

Default ? for Bitzenberger users

I just picked up a Bitz fletching jig over the weekend & started practicing on a few old arrows. I' m fletching 3 vanes/feathers and I' ve noticed that when the arrow is complete, the vanes are just slightly rotated around the arrow from where they need to be.

On my carbon arrows its really no problem because I can just rotate the nock a little & I' m fine. But I was practicing on some old aluminum arrows with glue on nocks & this would obviously create a little clearance problem with my rest.

Am I doing something wrong? I haven' t actually read the instructions yet. Maybe I' ll find something in there. Has anyone else had the same experience?
Old 10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ? for Bitzenberger users

Bitz offers different nock recievers with slightly different nock to detent intervals for doing just that sort of alignment.
As you found out, arrows with nocks that rotate don' t cause problems, however the glue on ones will require a new part.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ? for Bitzenberger users

No problem! Nocks wear out and worn nocks screw with your accuracy. I always replace my nocks when I refletch. Fletch ' em up, take off the old nocks and align the new ones when you glue them on.