Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Indoor Range Target Construction?? >

Indoor Range Target Construction??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Indoor Range Target Construction??

Old 04-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indoor Range Target Construction??

http://www.archerytargets.com/RangeMaterial.aspx

american whitetail sells this stuff to make your own range target works for indoor or outdoor butt and last a very long time
Old 04-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you are still looking and if you would like to add another suggestion to the mix, the local shop just picked up some new bag-style targets this past winter. They were using block-style targets up until this point but decided to pursue a different route. I don't have the specific info for you now but can find out when I head down later today. From memory, they are about 4 foot long by about 2 to 3 feet high and 2 feet deep with a burlap style outer covering and some form of wood chip material as stuffing.

They stop arrows very well and durability has been good so far. After they are broken in a bit then arrow removal is not that much of a concern though initially they are a bear...
Old 04-13-2004, 12:44 PM

Rack - One of my local archery shops have constructed, what I would guess to be the most "inexpensive", yet durable archery stops that I've seen. They went down to the local SBC (Telephone Company) and got approximately 150-200 phone books (last years editions-free) and stacked them tightly together and then placed a 2x10 on top and wrenched it down on threaded bolts.

It's been there for two years and still going strong. The only thing negative that I've noticed is that you get a paper residue on the end of bare carbon shafts. However, it does scrape off easy enough. I haven't seen that problem on aluminums.

They placed the books so the binders would all face to the left of the archers.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

RA,

It appears my suggestion is going to take a little more research. I asked the shop owner about the targets when I was at the shop yesterday. He explained that they were actually from a small, local manufacturer. The target company owner stopped in the shop late last year and asked the shop owner if he was interested. They are about $100 a piece. The shop owner was unsure of the name of the shop that he purchased them from but was going to check it out and get back to me with the info.

Sorry I did not have more for you just yet.