Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Indoor Range Target Construction?? >

Indoor Range Target Construction??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Indoor Range Target Construction??

Old 04-09-2004, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indoor Range Target Construction??

Rack, all you gotta do is back up to say 20 yards or so... No target can take shooting from 2 feet at the same spot over and over...

Old 04-09-2004, 11:07 AM

Rack, all you gotta do is back up to say 20 yards or so... No target can take shooting from 2 feet at the same spot over and over...
He's got to be careful backing up to 20; might trip over those boot laces. At 2 feet you can just shoot and pull without risk of falling.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:21 PM

TRY THIS WEB SIGHT IT HAS SOME GOOD ADVICE
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~mfost...y/targets.html
LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES. I HAVE USED CARDBOARD SET UP ON END AND, COMPRESSED, AND IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD BUT I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR BETTER TARGET MATERIAL.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:06 PM

Our small indoor has built a backstop of 12" wide carpet strips compressed between 2"X12" planks squished down with all thread every 4' and faced with cardboard. We have enough room for 10 lanes for paper shoots and we also have 3Ds we set up for our weekly competition shoots using the wall O carpet crap as a backstop. It works well and just about any construction outfit is looking for a cheap way to get rid of old carpet.

That plastic shrink wrap is the cats pajamas! It self heals and any dumpster diver knows Home depot, Sutherlands and just about all the other home repair and (boat dealers) pitch the stuff daily.

Plastic grocery bags stuffed into burlap seed sacks works well for individual targets and if you hang em right, the Product logo (ralston purina) makes excellent target reference points.

OR you could spend the big bucks and back everything with the Infinity Target blocks and make a wall out of them[8D] just kidding ouf course.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:17 PM

The stuff in mine was old sleeping bags, they never even took the shell off the stuffing or the label off the old product!! Coleman!! sleeping bags. Old coleman sleeping bags! I like the way i can pull my arrows from these targets, regardless of your poundage the arrow stops and two fingers pull it out. Very nice idea for a target.

I have shot mine enough to have an arrow pass through into my backstop though. You might want to keep an eye on that. Plus after you shoot a series of arrows, 30+ you can place the target on the ground and walk all around on the face of the target to redistribut the stuffing.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strictly from a consumers point of view (the guy laying down cash every week to shoot countless arrows) , it's very nice to be able to grab an arrow with two fingers and pull it out of the target with ease which is why I'd suggest the Morrel bags.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are using the Longhorn Stanley hips indoor Super Bags 48x48x18,
Very nice looking and easy to pull an arrow from.

www.longhornarchery.com
Sell for around $319.95......
Old 04-12-2004, 06:55 AM

Strictly from a consumers point of view (the guy laying down cash every week to shoot countless arrows) , it's very nice to be able to grab an arrow with two fingers and pull it out of the target with ease which is why I'd suggest the Morrel bags.
I agree - and they are at the top of the list

We are using the Longhorn Stanley hips indoor Super Bags 48x48x18,
Very nice looking and easy to pull an arrow from.
Thanks - looking into them
Old 04-12-2004, 09:41 AM

Rack,

Where is your buddy looking to set this range up? Would this be in the Calverton area?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jeff. How go they handle big arrows pounding the X, over and over again.............after all, you know, thats how I shoot.......

Oh I know, you've told me time & time again!! So it must be true, right?! [8D]

Seriously, if you can dish it out, they will take it AFAICT. I find alums quite easy to pull out, but carbons can be tough..at least out of 70 pound bows . I about popped a vein trying to pull ST AXIS out of them..but I wasn't using a gripper either. Haven't tried any carbon "fat shafts" personally in them.

Quick Reply: Indoor Range Target Construction??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.