Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bye Bye Indoor range >

Bye Bye Indoor range

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bye Bye Indoor range

Old 01-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Bye Bye Indoor range

My shop owner just called. He's moving.

If you've ever shot indoors at Deer Run Archery (near my home)......you won't anymore.

New shop......No range.

From a business standpoint (on one hand)....I see the move. More road traffic. On the other hand.....an arhery shop without a range doesn't make good business sense, to me.

Does your shop have a range?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bye Bye Indoor range

Yup, a downstairs range for setting up bows that is in the middle of 2 DART ranges. Upstairs a 35 yard indoor 3d range.

It's a nice set up and nice to have close to home.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

It ain't a shop without a range.[8D]
Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

The range did seem nice, but the front room or "shop" seemed empty because it was so big. It would be nice if Greg could find a happy medium. Half the size front room and keep the range. Oh well, where's he moving too?

EDIT: Jeff there is an archery club in Elkin called Broken Arrow Archery club. They have an indoor facility and quiet a few shoots a year.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope no ranges around here.

The shop up, the one who thing PSE is the best thing since the wheel, is planning on putting one in but who knows when that will be. Now, the other one (hoyt, ross,and bowtech dealer) has an outdoor 3d setup, ive never shot it before though, but i usually go to Gander Mountain in Mooresville.

The real question now is, what are you going to do Jeff??
Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

EDIT: Jeff there is an archery club in Elkin called Broken Arrow Archery club. They have an indoor facility and quiet a few shoots a year.
Talk to me, NC! I'll drive over there for a shoot.

Buck....I won't change a thing. I'll just take the $150 I was paying annually for Mitch and I to shoot there....and buy another 3D animal for my woods. We can shoot a good course, here, in 10 years!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, 3 ranges, 20 yard indoor, 40 yard indoor 3D, and TechnoHunt. Also outdoor 3D course. Hard to believe he is moving to a shop with no range. Doesn't make sense to me. If there were no range, I would probably go to my shop a couple times a year, at most. No other reason to go except to buy something if you can't shoot. And if you can buy and shoot at the same place, doesn't really make sense to go to the place where you can only buy.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM

No range at the shops around here.

One shop can shoot about10 feet. The other about 20 feet.

Sportsmans Warehouse has a 20 yard range.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

And if you can buy and shoot at the same place, doesn't really make sense to go to the place where you can only buy.
My shop owner is a good friend.....but he's likely gonna find out that this is true for me, as well

I'd hate to know how much I've spent in that place. I don't wanna know.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM

Oh man, that's a blow that smarts a little. Those indoor ranges are a bit expensive to maintain, but well worth it, IMO. We get a lot of traffic from people just wanting to shoot. And quite often, while there, they see someone shooting a new and exciting stabilizer, or sights....or what have you, and well, they've got to have it too. I would say that around 1/4 of the time, there is another sale beyond the range fee. Without that range there, take those sales away. Bummer dude, bummer.

Not to mention bow sales. The ole, try before you buy routine....

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Indoor range

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.