Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Problem

Old 03-21-2004, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Problem

Len and others This is a single infinity cam on this bow and well I decided first to just put a cable slide on and see what happened- presto string is no longer contacting cam in any part of the draw cycle- plenty of clearance. Now as for the limbs- i guess Im gonna contact Bowtech and see what i can do- wish me luck-as I really need to get a break- a good break
Old 03-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Goodluck mordecaia! I'm sure BowTech will help you out they're good people to deal with .Top of the line I know just how good they are.

nubo
Old 03-21-2004, 09:32 PM

Hey Morde,,,, were you actually shooting your bow with no cable slide!!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:36 AM

WWAG LOL-

No I wasnt shooting without a cable slide, just drawing it back. Sometimes when I get working on things Im pretty intense- but NOT that intense!

Funny - when I first got this bow and noticed the string/ cam rubbing together on the draw it had a cable slide on it then- no brand name slide, just an old black slide. But I put on this new Simms slide that 5shot gave me and no more contact issues.

Some people have said elsewhere take it to a shop- Ive been involved in archery for about 4 yrs now, and with my location here in WV most of the archery shops within a fair driving distance are Pawn/Archery shops. Im the kinda person who wants to learn to do it on my own- not only to save money but to LEARN SOMETHING and maybe help someone else. Ive fallen into that catagory that Ive heard about " There are only 2 kind of archers- beginners and those that know everything" and I want out of the latter. sometimes I dont want to ask for help- but I need to humble myself and do just that!

Along that line- thru this site- the friendship of 5 shot and other sites I believe that as far as hands on working on bows and tuning Im probably better than 100% of the shops I could drive to within a 60 mile trip here in WV- No Im not trying to brag or get on a high horse- just stating fact from what Ive seen and observed and talked about in shops. One shop I went into - I asked the guy what the brace height was on a certain bow and he asked "me" what brace height was. This string cable situation is a perfect example of of needing other peoples help and thats why I asked here. I got a long way to go, but damn its satisfying being able to do something yourself even if you have to ask for help.

Im not puttin down good -knowledgeable(SP?) shops- if there was one I could trust Id frequent it when needed but "when theres no store bought liquor available you make shine" (which is alot better anyway)
Old 03-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

The bow should exhibit entirely different drawing characteristics with the cable slide installed. In fact, many companies will advise you not to draw a bow back without the cable guard slide installed.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:47 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: nub

Thats a risk you take when choosing a used bow.
nub knows...