Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 high country archery >

high country archery

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

high country archery

Old 03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default high country archery

I havent owned a high country cause of all the horror stories about quality and customer service. I can buy a 4 runner aluminum cheap but dont want to get took! Has hca gotten better?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:45 AM

Default RE: high country archery

I own both a 2003 Carbon Force Pro and a 4-runner Pro and haven't had a bit of trouble yet from them. I also get good customer relations, i.e. fast responses to various questions. I know the Co. is back under it's orginal President and he seems to be a quality stickler. If it's not a pre 2003 4-runner you should be just fine, as I think some of the previous issues were still being resolved in 2002. Of course some haven't never had any problems with them. Nice shooting bows with fairly good speed and low shock/vibration.

Good luck with it and enjoy.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:27 PM

I shot High Country bows for about 7 years until the pro shop that I shot for and worked at closed. I had a 4 Runner that was one of the best bows I ever had. It was super fast but it did have a short brace height. This wa sback about 5 years ago and there service wasnt bad then. I have heard of alot of problems since then. Their bows weren't the problem it was their customer service that people had trouble with. I know alot of shops around my area used to carry them and now I don't know of any that do. I guess that may be a sign of there service...
Old 03-20-2004, 12:38 PM

The major problems I have been hearing of was the limbs, various cracks, breaks etc. and few carbon riser cracks on pre-2003 models AND customer service. I know for fairly sure as far as I'm concern, C.S. has vastly improved this year. A few pro shops are even starting to go back to them after dropping them from their store line-ups.
Just boardcasting my view, not picking anything...

[quote]ORIGINAL: parker1

This wa sback about 5 years ago and there service wasnt bad then. I have heard of alot of problems since then. Their bows weren't the problem it was their customer service that people had trouble with.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:43 PM

When you look at the direction they have chosen to take.........................

In reference to the weight of arrows they market and suggest
In thier marketing and warrenty of the above
In their driving goal to produce a sub 2lb bow

I think it would be much more apropriate if they just cut to the chase.....................

And simply droped the "country" from their name..............

Now that would be a name that matched a buisness plan

Old 03-20-2004, 01:45 PM
nub

I havent owned a high country cause of all the horror stories about quality and customer service.
Buying a used bow with no warranty, from a company thats frequently reported to have poor service. [&:]

Think about that for a second.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:13 AM

How often do you find a used bow WITH a warranty from any company? Most that I've seen only warranty the orginal owner.. I'm sure some company out there will warranty the "3rd party", I just haven't seen them yet. Maybe some of the true High-end bows..
My point was: HCA IS improving.. slowly but surely. Take a chance and you MAY be pleasantly surprised.[8D]

ORIGINAL: nub

[ Buying a used bow with no warranty, from a company thats frequently reported to have poor service. [&:]

Old 03-29-2004, 09:51 PM

Buying a used bow with no warranty, from a company thats frequently reported to have poor service.

I did, and to be honest I have owned a high country for about 2 years now and there has been nothing wrong with it. Customer service has been NOTHING but bliss.