Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Uneven wear on launcher arms. >

Uneven wear on launcher arms.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Uneven wear on launcher arms.

Old 03-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Uneven wear on launcher arms.

I have a QT3000 rest on my Patriot and I'm getting very uneven wear on the launchers. I have put about 150 shots through it in the last few days and the felt on the left launcher arm is worn completely down and the one on the right is barely showing wear. What could cause this and are there any problems that are associated with this?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Uneven wear on launcher arms.

check your center shot. look for nock pinch.then i would make sure my spline on the arrows is right they may not be heavy enough.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:50 PM

The wear is from the arrow [I think it is mostly fletching contact] as it passes. I used the QT 1000 before I switched to the 4000 and one needs to move the rest toward the wear.

Check out their website at www.newarchery.com they have tech tips there that should help.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, the paragraph was taken from the NAP web page and may answer your question about uneven wear on your fork tamers.

Last use the silencers to adjust your centershot. Shoot about 15 to 30 shots. If you see wear on one prong more than the other then the rest is telling you that it needs to be moved. For instance if you see wear on the left prong, then your bow is telling you that the rest needs to move to the left. Left prong wear would mean that the arrow is striking harder on the left prong during the shot. Continue this process until you see even wear. In the end when you shoot through paper, your bow will be tuned. You can then put more durable silencers on for hunting but make sure you adjust the height of the prongs to accommodate the new silencers.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only concern there is that I'm already left of center about a string width. If I move it any more I will be way off center, unless Bowtech does not have true center shot.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, try starting all over again, read the article I've attached see if it makes a difference.
http://www.newarchery.com/faq/faq.asp?fID=9
Old 03-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Apma, the only thing diffrent I see in that article is the spring tension. This may be part of it since they had the spring tension turned up to about 8 on a scale of 10. I just turned it down to 4 and we'll see what happens.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:07 AM

Make sure that your prongs are set to the exact same height -- this can be tough. Ensure your centershot is correct -- and that is shooting or put it on a crank board and check it a full draw. Typically for a RH shooter it will be slightly to the left of the string because the cable guard twists the riser CW from above as you draw.

Once you get that set, check your cam lean -- cam lean will cause one side of your rest to be worn more than the other as the nock exhibits some travel in the horizontal plane on the shot.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, were you able to resolve the problem with the rest?
RobVos has provided a few more scenarios that can create the problem.
Update us on the status when your time permit.