Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shipping A Bow?

Old 03-01-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Shipping A Bow?

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum, but was not sure where to ask this. Anyway, I want to try to sell my current hunting bow, but I have no idea how I would ship it. I have a case that I will not use with a new bow, so I was thinking of shipping it in the case? Can a local mailing company-type store handle this? Your experiences in this area would be appreciated.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shipping A Bow?

Pmantle I recommend you hit your local bow shop to see if they can dig up a box for the bow and ship it that way. I'm not sure if UPS or others would have a box to fit ,but maybe they will .If you want to send it in the case you would need to wrap it first but I'm sure they would ship it that way but you might have to pay a little extra for extra weight.

nubo
Old 03-01-2004, 03:54 PM

I would also suggest going to a local shop and see if they have any bow boxes that they would be willing to get rid of. The bow case is going to add a good bit in wieght and to the cost of shipment. I have shipped a good many bows in regular bow boxes through the postal service and have never had any damage to any bows yet. The cost is not all that bad using priority mail either.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do the same as what the gentleman above recommended. There are always extra boxes from display model bows laying around. Make sure you wrap it up in celophane or in a large plastic bag before shipping as the bow's paint can rub off on the cardboard.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:38 AM

I would suggest going to a local sports shop and asking if they have any extra bow boxes. Sometimes they do.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:37 AM

Thanks guys. Although there seems to be a great deal of debate over what I should use to ship my bow in, I think I am going to side with those of you who suggested I check a local shop for a shipping box.