Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

UPS Shipping

Old 04-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default UPS Shipping

OH MAN What a fit UPS just gave me about shipping a muzzle loader to my son. They flat a** said they were not allowed to ship it and they wern't going to ship it. Well anyone who knows me can tell ya when I know I'm right in an argument I am not going to back down. But I must tell you I did manage to stay calm. They looked into there little law book and it said dealer to dealer only. So I asked to borrow their little law book and they looked at each other and laughed as they gave to me. Next page it said basicly (to keep it shrot)that muzzle loaders are exempt. I showed them the page and laughed right back at them. I told them I probibly should have been a lawyer insted of a brain surgen. They didn't know what to say but took my box, I paid them $11.48. They said it will be there Friday. Thank you Mike
Old 04-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UPS Shipping

Hope they don't run over it! Way to prevail, my local UPS pickup station has no problem at all, so long as I tell them it's a muzzleloader. In fact they would have no problem at all if I told them nothing.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I've shipped a lot of rifles to dealers and manufacturers, and when I purchase a rifle I get it UPS and I am not a dealer of anything... I also do not have a FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE. I have got rifles UPS and Federal Express. I do know that the United States Post Office in townwill not ship them. The postmaster and I went around and around one afternoon until he told me to leave.. I was shipping a gun stock with the lock mechanism, no barrel mind you, and the argument started. To me that is no more a firearm then the wood based lamp I have in the formal livingroom. The way around that is, do not tell them it is a rifle.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The postmaster is WRONG! The USPS WILL ship Firearms gun parts (except for actions)and complete muzzleloaders - no problem.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

The postmaster is WRONG! The USPS WILL ship Firearms gun parts (except for actions)and complete muzzleloaders - no problem.
USPSwill ship complete firearms including actions only (minus handguns)to an FFL. They have a big postal book that shows what they can and can't ship. For the firearms section it refers you to the BATF. I'm thinking that for a postmaster to refuse something that can be shipped legally is discrimination.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

But if you want to play a search game have some thing sent to you byFedX. Mail box, garage, pole barn, honey house, front porch even. Might just find the package in the dog pens if he wasn't such a coward.

Al
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just shipped out my Ruger Security-Six ( Handgun)through UPS. I shipped it to Ruger to check the timing. I was going to get a FFL to ship it for me and he said I can ship it myself.

I was talking about the gun at work and about shipping it and some of my co-workers said I'd have to get it shipped back to a FFL.

So I called Ruger. They told me that it would be shipped back to my address. They said I did not have to go through a FFL to get a gun shipped back that I sent in for service.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, you'll be screwed if anything happens to it enroute unless you shipped it by one of the UPS methods specified below.

"UPS will only accept handguns for shipment (from and to authorized legal parties) via UPS Next Day Air services (Early A.M., Next Day Air, or Next Day Air Saver Handguns, as defined by the Acts, will only be accepted for transportation via UPS Next Day Air Services, but will not be accepted for transportation via UPS Drop Boxes, Internet Shipping, or in response to a request for On-Call Pickup Service. Firearms, including handguns, will not be accepted when presented for shipment at locations of The UPS Storeā„¢ or any Third Party Retailer (as described in Item 1090)."
Old 04-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

You're correct, handguns must be sent next day air but muzzleloaders don't need to be sent that way. I sent a handgun back to factory for repair and it was sent directly back to me (no FFL), I shipped a muzzleloader back to Bass Pro with no trouble. They also shipped it directly to me in the first place.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got my confirmation letter in the mail a few days ago. They got it now. I'll wait a few more days, to give them a chance to work on it. Then I'll give them another call.

Quick Reply: UPS Shipping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.