Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt Spiral cams vs Bowtech Duallies >

Hoyt Spiral cams vs Bowtech Duallies

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Spiral cams vs Bowtech Duallies

Old 03-01-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Hoyt Spiral cams vs Bowtech Duallies

Just wondering for those that have shot both, how does the draw cycle of Bowtech's duallies compare to the spiral cam.5 by Hoyt?
Old 03-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Spiral cams vs Bowtech Duallies

The Hoyts are smoother, but they have a mushy back end. Once the Dually is back, you know you've got a consistent wall.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never heard anyone call the SPIRAL mushy before.Are you sure you are not comparing the cam 1/2.Some have said they felt mushy to them but that hasn't been my experience.

I really haven't compared the 2 but the Spiral seems to be more than I want at my normal poundage but I might be able to back the poundage off a bit and shoot one.I have been wanting to do this just to see how I like it but I haven't been able to get a 50#-60# to try.I know I don't want to hunt with it but it might be fun for 3-d.

I will just give my OPINION and that is the Hybrid system is an awesome system and superior IMO to a true dual cam.I know with the quality string materials and quality string builders that this isn't as big of an issue as it used to be but is still in the back of my mind.I also believe a Hybrid has better shooting characteristics but like I said.This is only an opinion and in no way am I trying to bash or put down Bowtech or any duall cam bow.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

I have never heard anyone call the SPIRAL mushy before
You're right TFox..........I was seeing "spiral" and reading "Cam & 1/2".........

In light of this, I can't comment having not shot a spiral before.

Fritz
Old 03-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Bowtech dual cams definitely have a stiffer draw cycle though both are on the far end of the draw cycle spectrum. The Spiral cam with the draw stop does have a solid wall at full draw and feels roughly equivalent to the Bowtech duallys. The difference overall though is in the speed you are obtaining with any given brace height. The Supertec requires a 6 inch brace height to get that 330 fps + IBO speed rating. The Bowtech Patriot DC has a 7 5/8 inch brace height and is rated between over 330 fps as well.