Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why do you come here? >

Why do you come here?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do you come here?

Old 03-01-2004, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do you come here?

Great thread Frank...

I come here for 3 reasons...

1.) I come here to learn (you can never know it all about everything) mostly about any products that I don't have any first hand knowledge of.

2.) I come here to have some fun with some folks that I consider friends that I've made here on these same boards.

3.) To view all the opinionated (I'm right you're wrong, mines better than yours) BS threads.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:43 AM

Thanks, Ratus. You asked, so here's my answer.

Ditto to most of what PW12 said. He and I agree to disagree at times; but, we listen to each other because we may learn from each other.

I also listen to many others on this and other forums. While some may be experts in their fields (case in point, Arthur P), others give me a general concensus about consumer acceptance/rejection of products. Any Dealers who don't listen to consumers will definitely struggle in business.

I teach a lot in the industry; from ATA Seminars, to Boy Scouts, to children in general, to many of my customers, and on many forums. Throwing a truly technical/analytical approach to a subject that is based on empirical data is something that most find more convincing than something like advertising.

I hope that I help many. I know that I irritate some. [:@]
Old 03-01-2004, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I visit this and the bowhunting forum on a regular basis , to learn mostly , and from the advise given , my archery experiance has definatly got'n better . Most of the pepole on this board truely want to help others improve , and offer good advise , the ones who allways want to bicker and argue in an unfriendly manor , make themselfs aparent ,and I take them with a grain of salt . Len , Pinwheel , Jeff , Auther , Bowtechshooter , and many others , while they dont allways agree have been most helpfull to me , And given good advise . When one gives advise here they can only say what has worked/not worked for themselfs and others they have been in contact with , but sometimes somethings will work for one person and not another , so some aspects of archery are trial and error .
Old 03-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Pat,

I don't come here to learn; I already know everything. LOL
From the Chief BS-er.

Pinwheel,

Better be wearing your flak jacket.

Sag.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:12 PM

Swap info with folks. Always learning