Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why do you come here? >

Why do you come here?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do you come here?

Old 02-27-2004, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Why do you come here?

Techinically speaking, why do each and every one of you come here? I am genuinely curious and there seems to be alot of negative vibes lately on various posts which led me to question specifically why I come to this forum.

Personally, I enjoy sharing information related to the technical aspects of archery and its equipment with my peers. I believe that the exchange of this information helps to enhance the experience that each one of us gains from participating in the various archery activities.

So, why do you come to this forum and participate...or not?
Old 02-27-2004, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why do you come here?

Well since I stumbled on it four or so years ago it's been nothing but a learning experience with facts and opinions from accross the country on anything and everything. I seriously beleave it brought my hunting to a new level. Although lately I've seen some ugly faces, most of the guys and gals on this board are first rate!
Old 02-27-2004, 05:50 AM

Good post. I personally come here because as time goes on, I'm more and more interested in bowhunting and therefore want to learn more about my weapon. It's also a way to get valuable information about products that I don't either have the time or the resources to go and research and use on my own. I can't afford to go and and buy 10 bows/sights/rests/releases etc... to see what is the absolute best. Sure I can go out and shoot some bows, but it ulitmately comes down to taking a chance on what you buy and hope it works well for him/her for the next 5, 6, 7 or so years. Whether if some type of product is good, bad, fails under certain situations etc... What people like....what they don't. Overall, it's a great tool for the novice hunter/3D shooter to use to get better in regards to equipment or shooting form. Sure there are penial sword fights with some of the fellas on their equipment, but I just overlook those. Overall....great site for advice, specific terminolgy and basically everything that goes into it all...bows that is.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Because ASP code is incredibly boring and this spices up the work day! Also alot of good info once you wade through ther sea of opinions.

Fritz

And.......because I'm sitting here watching my 4 year old pick up her toys while I put off sweeping the rugs........
Old 02-27-2004, 06:23 AM

Mainly because I am a complete archery addict......and can't get enough information !

And I am originally from Alabama....and had many friend's to shoot with,talk/argue with about equipment, a great pro shop to go to (Frank Carr's if any of you know him), 3D shoots, spot tournaments, etc. !

I moved up here 2 years ago and have had pretty much ....nobody to shoot with, talk to about archery, and no events/tournaments to attend ! There is a small shop here and the tech guy is great ! Started getting to know them better lately , but my main form of communication with people that love the sport as much or better than me......has been here on the forum !

And for that I owe all of you a big THANKS !!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Why do I come here? Because we talk about archery! And for me, that's reason enough.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

CBM,

I meant to mention it to you earlier, but the shop in Summerton (exit 108 on I-95) is starting a club and will have regular 3-d shoots whenever it gets rolling. I'm going to call the guy today and get an update, but it should be really fun, laid back, and not overly competitive. I hope it wont be too competitive, because just getting to shoot once every 3 or 4 week, I'll be happy if I can keep all my arrow in targets. They will probably run it ASA, but I will probaly just shoot my hunting set up which will be faster and just not keep score. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Come on now Vic...stop getting off tangent already. You forgot to say why you come here.

Thanks all for the replies.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:47 AM

500 fps....Thanks.....yeah I'd be real interested ! I actually just joined a hunting club down in Summerton and going tomorrow to pick up a tractor and head that way to do some work ! Will probably be to buisy to stop by....but I am going to try and find the shop as soon as I can get a chance !
Old 02-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

I enjoy getting the opinions of other archers. Someone I can ask questions. Yep some comments you have to take with a grain of salt!

But if you read a lot of posts, you begin to form an opinion of many of the replies, and kinda decide who is genuinely knows what they are talking about and if they are sincere in trying to help you, and then take the others with a grain of salt.

I really enjoy coming here!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.