Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Legacy?

Old 02-08-2002, 12:12 PM

Default RE: Mathews Legacy?

I agree that nobody makes bows that fold in half and take out the top of your head. But people do make bows that crack. The avalon riser comes to mind. Cracks were one of the mathews rumours last year. People also sub a lot of work, and quality control can suffer, ask Ford about that. Those of us who are buying one or more new bows a year, or even every few years, aren't doing it to get the ability to hit a deer 20 yards from the stand. I do it becuase I am relatively fascinated by what all these guys can get out of the hand drawn and fired stuff. I buy a new bow just to see how far we have come. Every year that is probably no more than a 5% improvement overall. So a little bit of slipage in other areas takes away from the need to splash out on the new bow. The big deal last year was the shock absorbers, a nice to have feature that worked, but there were all sorts of quality rumours, and I really wondered should I trade in my MQ1 for a C2. I am delighted I did, but it wouldn't have taken much to stop me. The beauty of Psycological operations is that everyone believes a little bit of everything they hear. The human reaction to an outrageous slander is that it has to be at least 95% false.