Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Too late to change peep sight ?????? >

Too late to change peep sight ??????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Too late to change peep sight ??????

Old 10-31-2003, 06:25 AM

Default Too late to change peep sight ??????

Guys........

I am looking for opinions (EXPERIANCED) I am hunting next week in Illinois - leaving Thursday.

I want to change my peep sight to a 1/4" .... I just changed my sight and Im doing ok with my setup but its a little too small a peep and doesnt feel quite right at full draw because I have to lean into the string a little to get the right sight window ( I am centering the whole pin gaurd instead of the pins)

Do you think I should leave it be - My bow is shooting laser beams right now and I am afraid I could knock it out of tune changin the peep....

Any experianced opinions are VERY appreciated.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Too late to change peep sight ??????

I' ve changed my peep before tournaments with no problems. Just changing your peep will not affect your tune. Make sure you put it in the exact same place. You should never have to " lean" to make your bow fit perfectly. Make sure you recheck your sight-in.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:35 AM

i have taken a drill bit and bored out the small hole to make it larger and it worked for me.i later did away with it altogether and only use a kisser button to anchor in same place each draw.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:44 AM

Eightwgt- Take a marker or oil pen and mark where the peep is. You should have no problem at all with changing your peep. I worry more about you chaging your anchor. If your leening in now, and chenge he peep so you dont have to lean in you will change how you are anchored. This will effect your groupings the most. HOWEVER, with all that said, I would change it and just make sure you sight in real good again. You might be surprised that it wont change things at all...

I was shooting a compitition once and had my serving break. Rules were I had 15 mins to re-serve the string and 5 arrows to re-sight in.. Thats it! Believe it or not, I did it and never had to move my sight at all... Just make sure you have all your measurments. I think I finished with a perfect 300 and 49 x' s that round.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2003, 08:51 AM

Sport

I am ' leaning' towardss my peep now because I got a new sight 2 days ago -I am now using the pin gaurd (a round Copper John) to center my sight window thru the peep instead of centering each individual pin because I was having problems centering the pins in low light - Thats why I am leaning - to get that little ' halo' of light around the gaurd.... I CAN shoot ok now ( I shot a robin hood yesterday) but its a little slow, and doesnt feel right because I am having to think about it too much. I already drilled out my peep... and its not quite big enough so hence the larger (1/4) peep sight...... I just was worried it may change my tune a little putting the bow in a press etc....and I have my bow shooting fixed blade broadheads to 50 yards perfectly..... I mean its tuned as good as it gets...... so thats why I was concerned because I really didnt know if it would effect the tune in anyway.....
Old 10-31-2003, 09:39 AM

its shouldn' t but there are no guarentees... if its really not broke dont fix it.. I myself would not tollerate having to tilt my head or not see my sight.