Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 archery research bows >

archery research bows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

archery research bows

Old 08-20-2003, 05:51 AM

Default archery research bows

i went to the pro shop on monday to get some arrows and tried one of the archery research bows, this thing was awsome... smooth quiet and no recoil... but i havent seen any posts on these.. have any of you guys bought or shot any of these bows? what were your thoughts on them... the guys at the shop talked them up alot.... but i think i prefer to hear your opinions on them.... any comments are appreciated

thanks
Old 08-20-2003, 05:57 AM
nub

Default RE: archery research bows

I thought they were pretty nice when I shot them. Just wasn' t what I wanted. I' ve heard nothing but good from those who own one. They did have a recall on the 34' s I think, but was taken care of rather quickly.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

I have not heard much about them.I know they are a new branch of PSE.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:55 AM

The two AR34" bows I shot had a great deal of shock to them.

but others say no...............not for me
Old 08-22-2003, 09:06 PM

I shot an ar-37 and an ar-34 they both had more vibration than the legacy I ended up buying. a good stabilizer and leeches did tame the vibration. If they were a hundred bucks cheaper I might have bought one. I' d spend the little bit of extra and get a mathews. Or spend a little less and get a buckmaster g2xl. I set one of these up for a friend and I was really impressed by this bow.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:21 PM

I have the AR-34 and I love it, its awasome. I thought it had a little hand shock the first time I shot it but it was a very light arrow and had nothing on it. I put limb savers, Doinker stabilizer, leeches were already on, and went to 6 grains per pound, and it now has less vibration than my Q2XL. It shoots great and Id recommend it to anyone. As far as it being a branch of PSE, it is a small company started by PSE and are pretty much made by them, I am not really a PSE guy but the only similarity in the two is the customer service, they have built a completely new bow unlike anything they have ever made. I think they are pretty comparable to Matthews or Bowtech.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have had an AR31 for a few months now and absolutely love this bow!!! I can' t imagine what it would be like if it had all of the shock reducing do-dads that the mathews comes with from the factory but mine is 70lbs and 30" draw and when I shoot 2413 eastons I can only hear the bodoodle making noise and feel no hand shock at all. This is with string leeches only and no other shock reducing devices installed. I bought the bow so I could have a short, light hunting bow for still hunting and want no other unneccisary weight added to it. I got what I wanted and then some. I am very pleased with mine!!!
The recall was on the AR31 model and was a limb/ limb pocket desigh flaw that would allow the limbs to come out if the bow was drawn back with extreme force, pulled beyond the back wall. All bows were recalled and most never left dealer shelves and a rep I talked to said that all affected bows were accounted for and updated.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:16 PM

I tried one a couple of weeks ago and found it to be very quiet and fairly shock and vibration free given it' s fairly light weight.What I didn' t care for,though, was the draw cycle.It seemed to " load up" earlier than I like and then rolled over into a very solid wall.I liked the wall but there is almost no valley to speek of .I like having a little bit of a valley in case I have to hold at full draw for some reason.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:47 PM

thanks for all the input.. with only a month left till the season starts i think i will stick with what i got..... but come spring time.... i' ll definately be looking alot closer at these.... maybe they will have something new for 2004.