Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow silencers

Old 07-23-2003, 05:35 PM

Default Bow silencers

Need some advice on some bow silencers. I shoot the PSE Beast. It is not a split limb bow, and I really need to get that extra " THOINK" out of the shot. I also don' t want to lose too many feet per second on the arrow. I was thinking of the string leech, or something of that sorts. Or maybe that thing called the " doinker" . Anyway, any suggestions on what to get or not get would be great. Thanks!.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow silencers

Put all the Sims products you can afford on it. In my opinion, you can' t go wrong with any of them. IF you get the leeches, make sure you get the new Stealth ones. From what I' ve heard, they are holding up pretty well.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:06 AM

Limb savers will make a big diff.

Cat wiskers on the string

And you are good to go
Old 07-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Limbsavers and catwhiskers are all you should need. Catwhiskers do a great job and, if you put them on right, they' ll last as long as the string does.

This is what I do with catwhiskers. Cut each strip in half. Lay one half on top and the other half on the bottom of the string and tie them on with serving thread. Then do the same thing on the other end of the string. When you seperate the strands, they' ll make a little puff instead of having all that flappy rubber waving all over the place. And they' ll stay put.

Before you put them on, get your bow and sit down in front of the computer. Hold the bow so you' re looking at the middle of the top end of the string in front of the computer screen. Pluck the string and you' ll see where the biggest oscillation is in the string. Mark that spot and put the whisker there. Then do the other end. I know it sounds wierd but it works. You' re using the monitor as a high speed strobe light.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

This will not work if you have an LCD monitor

In that case, try to use the TV set. Same concept, plus you can watch ESPN while doing it.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

An LCD monitor??!? You mean I' m behind the technology curve AGAIN???
Old 07-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with limb savers but I use cats whiskers instead of String Leaches. But don' t forget to replace the quiver insert with the Sims Quiver insert. You will be amazet with the difference.