Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cough Silencers?

Old 11-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cough Silencers?

Hey has anybody ever used one of those cough silencers? Are they worth the money? Any tips/tricks or home remedies to help keep a cough from chasing every deer out of the county?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Cough Silencers?

I have one and like it a lot , mine is the Cough Silencer brand . I've had friends listen from less than 3 feet away and they could barely hear me . There is a newer one out that uses a sponge insert instead of cotton balls , but I prefer mine for sanitary reasons . All I have to do is change out the cotton balls and rinse the chamber , the other one needs to have the sponge sanitized after every use . Some folks will say that they can cough into their sleeve just as quietly , but I've tested that with observers and it just isn't true . The Cough Silencer also has a "hands free" kit so that you can secure the chamber so that it won't make noise by bumping other things around your neck such as game calls .
Old 11-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

I picked up one of the Hunter's Specialties brand. It has the sponge insert and appears to work well. I'll have to test it on someone at various distances to see if it really works. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't forget to sanitize that sponge between uses , the bugs build up quickly . This will also cause it to smell after awhile . It will probably also clog after awhile too , which reduces it's sound dampening qualities . Once I rinse mine out and change the cotton balls it smells just like new and I can adjust the number of balls to get the right level of resistance . The only thing I don't like about it is the small mouthpiece .
Old 11-09-2005, 06:08 PM

What a crock........You guy will buy anything wont ya. LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Ever see any deer when you're coughing in the field? Didn't think so.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:30 PM

seen lots of deer within 5 seconds of coughing just walk in like nothing happened. sometimes i think it makes them want to know what it was. they don't associate that noise with hunters, that's for sure.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:53 AM

Hi. I'm selling fart silencers and if anyone would like to buy one just send $29.95 to PO Box 3301 Bullcrap, NC. It is a MUST-HAVE for any TRUE-HUNTER.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Such the comedian...Don't quit your day job.