Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Question

Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
  #11  
Spike
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
Default

Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post
Next time post up all available information that you have, such as what arrows you are talking about, and you will get better answers. We can't help you if we don't know.

BTW, I wasn't scrutinizing you. I was giving you an honest answer based on what information that you posted.
Next time I post a question, I will try to remember to put in these details. Honestly I wasn't thinking that far into it last night when I wrote the post.
Countryboy27012 is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
  #12  
Boone & Crockett
 
bronko22000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 11,511
Default

As was I. Another point to mention is if you are concerned about ruining fletcing, nocks, etc., shoot at targets with multiple bulls. This will eliminate your problem.
bronko22000 is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 PM
  #13  
Spike
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
Default

Originally Posted by bronko22000 View Post
As was I. Another point to mention is if you are concerned about ruining fletcing, nocks, etc., shoot at targets with multiple bulls. This will eliminate your problem.
this is very true. I will do this in my normal practice going forward. something else I need to mention is the robin hood, shot fletchings etc. occured while I was fine tuning the 30 and 40 yard pins on my new sight.....that's when my arrow supply started deminishing

Thanks to everyone for thier help.
Countryboy27012 is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
  #14  
Boone & Crockett
 
bigbulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,679
Default

So, what arrows do you have and what arrows are you thinking about buying from your buddy?
bigbulls is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
  #15  
Spike
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post
Really? What's the diameter of the two arrows? Are his current arrows fatter or skinnier than his buddies arrows. Don't know do you? And neither do we.

What spine are the two arrows. Oh wait, we don't know that either.

All we know is that his buddies arrows are heavier by .1gpi and more crooked than what he already has.

If you don't offer up information that will allow people to give an informed answer then what do you expect?

Form means absolutely nothing with out a proper set up and arrows are a major part of a proper set up. Also a proper set up means absolutely nothing with out proper form. They go hand in hand.
this last february we had a gun show over here in Idaho and they set up a bow shooting machine. this thing holds the bow perfectly still. it releases perfectly every time. im sure you have seen them. anyways, they shot a cheap $300 dollar bow with cheap arrows and an old TM hunter fork rest out of this machine all weekend. they shot it at a foam target at 20 yards and at the end of the weekend, there was only one hole in the target...........ONE HOLE! every arrow hit exactly the same spot. it made a believer out of me. it is all about form.
i hope you all find this as amazing as i did.
kdtanner228 is offline  
Old 03-31-2010, 08:39 PM
  #16  
Boone & Crockett
 
bigbulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,679
Default

Try that with a 300 spined Easton AXIS and then with out changing a thing shoot a Gold Tip 35/55 and then tell me that form is everything.
bigbulls is offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
  #17  
Typical Buck
 
Ed McDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ontario,NY USA
Posts: 501
Default

To avoid damaging the arrows that you have , shoot at different spots on the target . You won't be busting arrows and ripping fletching ......
Ed McDonald is offline  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
  #18  
Nontypical Buck
 
OHbowhntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SE Ohio
Posts: 2,531
Default

Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post
Try that with a 300 spined Easton AXIS and then with out changing a thing shoot a Gold Tip 35/55 and then tell me that form is everything.
BB,
In many ways, you're way ahead of them. I can see both side of it though. If the spine and diameters are the same, there wouldn't be much difference in the POI. I also see where he's trying to go with this, and can understand his thought process. MOST shooters would notice very little difference in a .003 and a .005 straightness arrow. Some may see a little difference, but your "average" archer ain't gonna notice a whole lot of difference, especially when shooting FP's. Screw on some BH's and its a WHOLE different story, but w/ FP's, that difference isn't going to be that extreme in all honesty.

As for arrows costing $120/dozen......Call me cheap, but I ain't ever gonna pay that for a dozen arrows. I shoot CHEAPER arrows, but they also have good spec's, and I've shot more expensive arrows w/ similar specs and found that the arrows I shoot are just as good as the more expensive stuff, in some cases better.
OHbowhntr is offline  
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
  #19  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 107
Thumbs up new bow stage 2

hey dude i shoot with a big bunch of different weight, spine arrows for practice i do believe that it helps me be more accurate because when i can group a dozen of them at 20 yds in a 3 in group im good to go !!! and some time i clip a r h !!!!!!!! yehaaaaaa
polaris754 is offline  
Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 AM
  #20  
Fork Horn
 
wvnimrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: S.Illinois
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr View Post
BB,
In many ways, you're way ahead of them. I can see both side of it though. If the spine and diameters are the same, there wouldn't be much difference in the POI. I also see where he's trying to go with this, and can understand his thought process. MOST shooters would notice very little difference in a .003 and a .005 straightness arrow. Some may see a little difference, but your "average" archer ain't gonna notice a whole lot of difference, especially when shooting FP's. Screw on some BH's and its a WHOLE different story, but w/ FP's, that difference isn't going to be that extreme in all honesty.

As for arrows costing $120/dozen......Call me cheap, but I ain't ever gonna pay that for a dozen arrows. I shoot CHEAPER arrows, but they also have good spec's, and I've shot more expensive arrows w/ similar specs and found that the arrows I shoot are just as good as the more expensive stuff, in some cases better.
I agree,the average shooter won't notice much differance.
And I agree with other posters shoot at multiple bulls,it will help you learn better form,because its harder to hit that spot everytime when theres not a pile of arrows to aim at!
wvnimrod is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.