Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching glue?

Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fletching glue?

Just wondering what type of fletching glue you guys use for carbon arrows. I've always used Fletch Tite for aluminum,but used it yesterday on some carbom shafts and it seems like it don't flow out as good as on the aluminum shafts,which gave a rough glue line on the edges.I have also tried the crazyglue style fletch tite and found it to be to brittle.
Does anyone use anything different? Or have any prep tips that may help the fletch tite flow out better?
I use a Jo-Jan fletching jig and prep the shaft/vane with acetone maybe I will have to try something eles!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Yep. I've tried 'em all too. Stopped looking a couple years ago because I found what I feel is the best. I use it on feathers, vanes and inserts. Gorilla Glue Super Glue (not their regular glue). It contains rubber particles to keep it flexible and and to absorb shock better; therefore it is perfect for fletching and inserts. It has yet to fail me. The applicator tip is good for the bead and doesn't clog either.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues/superglue/faqs.aspx
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Fletch Tite Platinum works for me.

I put a bead down the base of the fletch (vanes or feathers) then dab it on a paper towel to spread out and remove excess glue.

Never had one come off.

This has always worked well on carbon and over wraps so if you are going directly to the shaft on an aluminum your mileage may vary.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Snood Slapper
Yep. I've tried 'em all too. Stopped looking a couple years ago because I found what I feel is the best. I use it on feathers, vanes and inserts. Gorilla Glue Super Glue (not their regular glue). It contains rubber particles to keep it flexible and and to absorb shock better; therefore it is perfect for fletching and inserts. It has yet to fail me. The applicator tip is good for the bead and doesn't clog either.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/glues/superglue/faqs.aspx
I been using Locktite gel glue for a few years and really like that. Works great, easy to use and easy to find.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Have been using Fletch Tite Platinum For years no complaints
Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Fastset Gel. Lay your bead, clamp in jig. I wait 30secs, take it out, all set.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 98Redline
Fletch Tite Platinum works for me.

I put a bead down the base of the fletch (vanes or feathers) then dab it on a paper towel to spread out and remove excess glue.

Never had one come off.

This has always worked well on carbon and over wraps so if you are going directly to the shaft on an aluminum your mileage may vary.
X2, this has worked great for me. I've got an old target that occasionally I hit a soft spot and bury my arrow fletch deep in the target and have never had any rip off.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Spike

I also like Fastset Gel it is the best gel i have a personally experience thats why is told you.Apple would be better suited to try to market the ipad news as something that could be used in schools or could be used as a way to revolutionize how we read our news every morning.

Last edited by robertgones; 08-23-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have fletched thousands of arrows in my life, used everything on the market, NOTHING beats Super Glue Gel! I just bought 18 tubes several days ago because I hate to run out.

Just test it, glue on a vane wait 15 minutes and TRY to tear it off..most of the time you can't tear if off after five minutes.